Updated List of Philippine Holidays 2016, Officially 7 Long Weekends! Also, Holiday Pay Rules Chart

The Ber months are here and Christmas is near!!! Every year, we await the announcement of next year's holidays too haha =) I have the Philippine holidays listed here per date and per kind =) Also included the Philippine long weekend list for your 2016 travel plans... 

melody-co-travel-blog.jpg
I discovered the Club ES Resort in Korea this year and this is just one of my fav getaways so far! 
Where are your Guiltless Getaways gonna be this 2016?


A. Regular Holidays
New Year’s Day
Maundy Thursday
Good Friday
Araw ng Kagitingan
January 1 (Friday)
March 24 (Thursday)
March 25 (Friday)
April 9 (Saturday)
Labor Day
Independence Day
National Heroes Day
Bonifacio Day
Christmas Day
Rizal Day
May 1 (Sunday)
June 12 (Sunday)
August 29 (Last Monday of August)
November 30 (Wednesday)
December 25 (Sunday)
December 30 (Friday)

B. Special (Non-Working) Days

Additional special (non-working) day
Chinese New Year
EDSA Revolution Anniversary
Black Saturday
Election Day
Ninoy Aquino Day
Additional special (non-working) day
All Saints Day
Additional special (non-working) day
Last Day of the Year

C. Not set
Eid'l Fitr (Regular Holiday)
Eidul Adha (Regular Holiday)
January 2 (Saturday)
February 8 (Monday)
February 25 (Thursday)
March 26 (Saturday)
May 9 (Monday)
August 21 (Sunday)
October 31 (Monday)
November 1 (Tuesday)
December 24 (Saturday)
December 31 (Saturday)


~July/August - July 6 (Wednesday)
~September/October



2016 Philippine Long Weekends, assuming you have no work on Saturdays, 2 TBA not yet included

December 30, 2015 to January 3, 2016 (5 days)
February 6 to 8, 2016 (3 days)
March 24 to 27, 2016 (4 days)
May 7 to 9, 2016 (3 days)
August 27 to 29, 2016 (3 days)
October 29 to November 1, 2016 (4 days)
December 30, 2016 to January 1 or 2, 2017 (4 or 5 days)

R - Regular Holiday
S - Special Non-Working Day

January 2016
January 1 (Friday) 
New Year’s Day - R
January 2 (Saturday)
Add'l Day - S

February 2016
February 8 (Monday)
Chinese New Year - S
February 25 (Thursday)
EDSA Revolution Anniversary - S

March 2016
March 24 (Thursday) 
Maundy Thursday - R
March 25 (Friday) 
Good Friday - R
March 26 (Saturday) - S
Black Saturday

April 2016

April 9 (Saturday)
Araw ng Kagitingan - R

May 2016
May 1 (Sunday) 
Labor Day - R
May 9 (Monday)
Election Day - S

June 2016
June 12 (Sunday) 
Independence Day - R

July/August 2016
July 6 (Wednesday)
Eid'l Fitr - R

August 2016
August 21 (Sunday) 
Ninoy Aquino Day - S
August 29 (Monday) 
National Heroes Day - R

September/October 2016
TBA 
Eidul Adha - R

October 2016

October 31 (Monday)
Add'l Day - S

November 2016
November 1 (Tuesday)
All Saints Day - S
November 30 (Wednesday) 
Bonifacio Day - R

December 2016

December 24 (Saturday) 
Add'l Day - S
December 25 (Sunday) 
Christmas Day - R
December 30 (Friday) 
Rizal Day - R
December 31 (Saturday)
Last Day of the Year - S

infographic-philippine-holidays

Enjoy the Holidays! Here's an infographic about the Philippine Holiday Pay - just in case you're saving up for that travel fund! If you want a more situational explanation, e.g. "if I worked in excess of 8 hours, then...", read here.

Source: Proclamation No. 1105, s. 2015, Official Gazette of the Republic of the Philippines
Source: INFOGRAPHIC: LIST OF 2016 NATIONWIDE HOLIDAYS
Source: Proclamation No. 1254, s. 2016, Official Gazette of the Republic of the Philippines
Source: Proclamation No. 06, s. 2016, Official Gazette of the Republic of the Philippines


Updated List of Philippine Holidays 2016, Officially 6 Long Weekends! Also, Holiday Pay Rules Chart

Tell me below: Where you off to next year with your barkada or family?! Any concrete plans yet or definite wishlist? =)

47 comments:

  1. Next year, I'll probably go back to Cebu/Bohol. It's been years since I visited. Or maybe push the int'l getaway plan to visit Cambodia, Thailand and Vietnam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we would travel to saudi arabia to visit my husband and try if we settle there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must go back to Batanes! Must conquer Sabtang and Itbayat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will go to Dubai next year to visit my mother and to apply for a job also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where you off to next year?! Any concrete plans yet or definite wishlist? =)

    My wishlist travel plan ( Cross-finger)
    - Vigan
    - Palawan
    - SanFo (Napa Valley)
    -Seoul, Korea

    Tho it's a wishlist, hope I can make time to discover and explore more places I want to visit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i will definitely go to bangkok for the sonkran festival this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all, one of the greatest thing will happen to me next year, i'm gonna 18 finally! if my family get a 'get together bonding' or what, i think it might be awesuhm if we go to UNIVERSAL STUDIOS (hoping hardly lol), or if my barkada get a 'get together' too, it might be amazing if we go to Palawan or Ilocos or try something fun and odd like doing fun run with some zombies behind us something like that lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. On my travel wishlist is Japan. As an owner of a craft online store, and most of my items are from Japan. I wish to learn all about their history and culture at the same time I will hoard some arts and crafts for selling and for personal use. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. we will go to baguio and have my son be baptized!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am trying to make plans to go to my dream destination Japan! I haven't started planning yet but will soon do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. on early month of MAY next year we're going to singapore its my sister in-law's birthday treat to us,, and by next year also me and my sister were going to jaddah K. S. A to visit our father..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to travel to hongkong or singapore with my son and my mom. It will be their first time to travel abroad.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Puerto Princesa, Palawan is on my top list. Upon seeing my dad and stepmom's photos, I quickly fell in love with the white sand beaches. They said it was comparable with beaches in the Bahamas so I am pretty sure that it would be paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to go to South Korea. I don't know why, It's just that I love Korean drama. hahaha, I would love to go to Jeju Island.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where you off to next year?
    Answer: I have no plan to travel next year. I'll stay at home.

    ReplyDelete
  16. im planing to bring my mom and dad to HONGKONG!! i want them to experience to go abroad make them self enjoy for awhile

    ReplyDelete
  17. (Maybe) I'm planning to New york next year to see my mother and my sister and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have confirmed travel to Davao & Boracay, but I still want to push for Europe for 2016

    ReplyDelete
  19. I probably would want to spend summer next year in Palawan, because it is known not to be one of the most beautiful destinations here in our country and I have never been there, so when I get there there's going to be a lot of exploration of the beautiful sights and people...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Off to Cebu next year on February and hopefully Australia by March.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bantayan/Malapascua in February. Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  22. i want to go palawan with my family..

    ReplyDelete
  23. My definitive travel wishlist for 2016 are:

    - Water adventure with the whole family in Palawan

    - Romantic and cozy stay in Oriental Mindoro – Buri Spa & Resort

    - Explore and savor the reasured tradition and new technology in Japan

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have confirmed travel to manila this 2016

    ReplyDelete
  25. For our 4th anniversary of my boyfriend i want to go to boracay!

    ReplyDelete
  26. We would love to travel to Batanes after I gave birth next year.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Me and my husband we're going to palawan next year to celebrate our 6th anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Me and my friends had booked a tickets for Manila this March and we're planning to go to Zambales :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I wish to go to Batanes and Palawan next year with my partner and kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your blog! Super informative! I want to travel abroad hopefully next year! Uhhhhhhh! HK or Thailand but since we're on tight budgeting.. Maybe just in boracay nalang again with fambam! Hihi

    ReplyDelete
  31. We're planning to go to Bohol next year to visit our relatives and to attend aa yearly summer reunion

    ReplyDelete
  32. I would like to go to El Nido, Palawan next year. :) We're a;ready planning for it and hopefully we'll be able to make it :D

    ReplyDelete
  33. I've been planning to have a summer vacation at our province in Northern Samar since that last two years Lol..but due to priorities I skip my plan for this year.I think next year is the best time to fulfill my plans.I'm planning to go there with my family.We will spend most of our mornings at the beach and the rest to island hopping and excartion.

    ReplyDelete
  34. My sister is an overseas worker I missed her so much I want to visit her in Dubai and where planning to go there next year I hope my wish comes true.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'd probably be looking for work or doing some post grad studies. I want to travel though.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I would love to go to Cebu. So that I can join the cebu marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  37. We probably go to bicol for a vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I wish to visit Siargao with my boyfriend! We would love to explore the island since it's his dad province

    ReplyDelete
  39. Next year we would be visiting Davao. :D

    ReplyDelete
  40. No definitely plan for now.. because i have a little one who studying.. but i want to go to Tagaytay if we have a plan..

    ReplyDelete
  41. No definitely plan for now.. because i have a little one who studying.. but i want to go to Tagaytay if we have a plan..

    ReplyDelete
  42. Maybe Next year me and my family will go Tagaytay .. for some relaxing vacation

    ReplyDelete
  43. Madalas ang aming napupuntahan ay sa Tagaytay. Malapit lang kasi kami dun. Pero balak namin magpunta sa isang beach na kasama ang aming 2yo na baby boy. Siguro sa isang beach sa batangas o quezon province. Sana matuloy ang balak namin na magbakasyon.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Where you off to next year?! Any concrete plans yet or definite wishlist?

    I don't travel too far except here in our city. Dala na din ng kahirapan dahil need mag trabaho.
    but if I will be given a chance I would love to travel sa HK. Gusto ko lang maranasan yung feeling na sumakay sa eroplano ^_^ ^_^ kasi jeep at tricycle pa lang nasakyan ko ehhehehe

    Sana nga magkatotoo to :D :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you =)