My Getaway in Manila, A Closer Look at my Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Manila Serviced Apartment!

I took a break from traveling last, last long weekend and decided to check in at the Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center in Ortigas hehe. Getting your own serviced apartment for a day is the best choice for that serious quiet time in Manila without having to think about traffic or other people. I would also recommend this hotel for your friends and relatives from abroad who want an awesome home away from home when they come visit. Let me give you a 5-Star Experience of my 1-Bedroom Suite Apartment (Room 1204) and lots of sneak peeks right here first. =)

oakwood-hotel-key.jpg

My Kitchen
I like this fully-equiped gourmet kitchen! It already has plates, cups, knives, utensils, pots, can openers, ovens, microwavable containers, a fridge, a dishwasher and many many more. All consumable items like food, drinks, spices, condiments, dishwashing liquid and sponge are not included so don't forget to bring 'em =) Don't worry if you can't operate the appliances, the book with all the manuals is at the counter or you can just call Housekeeping to help you out.

kitchen-oakwood-suite-manila.jpg

kitchen-oakwood-hotel.jpg

living-room-with-kitchen-oakwood-hotel.jpg

My Living Room and Dining Room
This is my kind of living room! It shares space with the dining room and is separated from the kitchen with a counter. The couch is so comfortable.. I actually took my afternoon nap here! I also ate in front of the TV using the small square table hidden near the lamp haha. There's also one chair with a footrest so there are lots of options available to enjoy the experience. There's an office space in the corner, complete with a LAN cable for my laptop. They can also setup WIFI for you. The free internet was good for 24 hours for my overnight staycation =) The entertainment system includes a flat screen Samsung TV and an HD home entertainment system with surround sound speakers.

oakwood-philippines-living-room.jpg

oakwood-manila-living-room.jpg

macbook-pro.jpg

My Bedroom
I was torn between all of the rooms because I love the bedroom too! Haha. The bed was huge and very relaxing - it can probably fit 4 x "me" hehe. Oh, don't forget the linens! I can also just draw the curtains, pretend it's night 24 hours and sleep in the whole day. There's another flat-screen TV with a wide range of channels and a vanity table. The residence attendant for my stay, Alain, was super helpful with everything I asked (there's the can opener, the turndown service, the appliance and kitchen grocery requests and a lot more...).


oakwood-suite-bedroom.jpg

oakwood.jpg

vanity-area-bedroom.jpg

My Bathroom & Tub
I fell in love with the Marble Bathroom too... The bathtub was too good to resist haha.. I spent some time watching TV there! I'm also addicted to hotel toiletries and I actually got to try them out because crazy me forgot to bring a toothbrush and soap!!! Hay..hahaha. And who wouldn't try out the hot shower with a chair and steam capabilities?!

bath-tub-oakwood-hotel.jpg

oakwood-hotel-toiletries.jpg

bathroom-oakwood-manila.jpg

oakwood-steam-shower.jpg

Other Amenities & Facilities Included with the Stay
When you stay at the Oakwood Joy~Nostalg Manila, you get the following as well! There are bath robes!, a flat iron, an iron board, a medium-sized safety deposit box, hotel slippers!, lots of cabinet space!, a laundry basket, a washing machine! and a dryer! in your suite =)

hotel-bath-robe.jpg

hotel-cabinets.jpg

hotel-safety-deposit-box.jpg

washing-machine-dryer.jpg

You can also use the lap pool, the fitness center, the business center / mini library and the kids' room with a big flat screen TV! Don't forget to check out the Oakroom Restaurant

oakwood-joy-nostalg-manila-pool.jpg

oakwood-pool.jpg

oakwood-manila-fitness-center.jpg

oakwood-business-center-and-library.jpg

play-area-for-kids.jpg

Extras if I had chosen a bigger 2-Bedroom or 3-Bedroom Suite
The main difference of the bigger rooms are the view (just look at the view from the 3BR master bedroom!), extra rooms, extra bathrooms and bigger kitchens =)

oakwood-manila-3-bedroom-master.jpg

oakwood-extra-bed.jpg

dining-oakwood-manila.jpg

oakwood-3-bedroom.jpg

My View

ortigas-manila.jpg

If you're looking for a very memorable staycation in Manila, solo or with the family, I highly recommend staying at one of the Oakwood Manila suites or studio room. You can get the Studio Executive (41 sqm) or the 1-Bedroom Deluxe (94 sqm) for up to 2 people, the 2-Bedroom Executive (131 sqm) for up to 4 people and the 3-Bedroom Executive (182 sqm) for up to 6 people. They are open for both long stays and short stays.

The experience is extended because you don't only get a room, you get a whole private serviced apartment at Oakwood Manila =) You are free to cook (with housekeeping service) and you have plenty of spaces to choose from depending on your moods for every minute of the day. It's also an ideal location if you need a room before a party/wedding, for your bridal/baby showers, for your relatives from abroad, for your business stay or for an exclusive home party event with a few of your friends. It is near major malls like SM Megamall, Shangri-La and Podium. If you're bringing a car, there are parking slots available below the building (entrance at the back, the road parallel ADB Avenue) and you can go in and out during your stay =)

For reservations and their best available rates, call or email:
Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila
17 ADB Avenue, Ortigas Center
Pasig City, Philippines
+63-2-6377888 / +63-2-910-8888
premiermanila@oakwoodasia.com



Oakwood Asia Pacific manages serviced apartments from all over Asia - Bangalor, Bangkok, Beijing, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Manila, Mumbai, New York, Pune, Seoul, Shanghai, Tokyo and more!

Stay tuned for Part 2 of my Oakwood Manila experience!