Oakroom Ortigas, Pasta e Basta! Have a Taste of Italy in Manila!

Pasta e Basta! Read this phrase in Filipino and you'll get the general idea. How about a taste of Italy in Manila?! I had a wonderful lunch filled with pasta and travel conversations yesterday at the Oakroom in Ortigas! They're having an all-pasta a la carte menu this whole month until November 10 and I'm giving you and your friend/date/guest this same Italian experience in Manila! My spotlight today is with this restaurant because it has made it into my Favorite Guiltless Date Places in Manila list. As I've said before in that post:
Eating different cuisines in Manila is a great way to experience a slice of life in different parts of the world
pasta-e-basta-oakroom-bar-and-restaurant.jpg

Let me tell you a little about Oakroom. If you haven't heard of it, it's located at the 6th floor of the Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center in ADB Avenue, Ortigas - the one that rents out the super cool fully-furnished serviced apartments (even for an overnight staycation). Oakroom Restaurant & Bar functions as a restaurant for guests of the serviced apartments, a meeting place for businessmen, a hangout place for expats and a great foodie find for locals like me =)

OAKROOM-manila.jpg

A brief introduction of my food preferenceI love pasta and noodles. Nobody can stop me if I want to get lots of pasta in a buffet. I have a fascination with the flat pasta noodles (brings back childhood memories). I'm more of a white sauce kind of gal when it comes to pasta and my favorites include the Truffle Pasta of L' Opera at The Fort and Mamou in Serendra. Sometimes, I mix the red and the white. I'm still looking for the perfect Aglio e Olio. I have my pure red sauce moments but I'm looking for a particular taste, something that I think I found here at Oakroom.

pasta-e-basta-oakroom-bar-and-restaurant.jpg

The Oakroom's gala of nothing else but pasta (Pasta e Basta!) just started this October 1 so I was super glad I got to try it out early so that I can still come back hehe. The good thing is that it is available every day from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.!

oakroom-restaurant-bar

The hardest part was choosing among the 10 Pasta Dishes. It's either you look at the sauce or what's in it or do you simply want a dish with Pappardelle, Rigatoni, Linguini, Spaghetti, Bow Tie, Fettuccine, Gnocchi, Angel Hair or Tortellini pasta? Enlarge the image below for the full menu and prices.

pasta-ala-carte-menu.jpg

Each dish comes with this wonderful focaccia bread that you can dip in balsalmic vinegar and olive oil. I can taste the pesto in both and I liked the round one the best.

foccacia-bread.jpg

Every order also includes this hearty and perfect cup of minestrone. The generous bits of vegetables are not mushy and the broth is full of flavor. It's actually one of the best minestrone soups I ever had.

minestrone-soup.jpg

I ordered the Gulf pasta - spaghetti tossed in olive oil, tomato and cream with grilled Cajun shrimps. It looked simple enough in the menu but it was bursting with flavor when it came out! It was not that spicy and the pasta was cooked just right for me. I loved the sauce and you can taste it equally intense with every bite, even the two big shrimp pieces. The serving size of one dish was also huge for one person. This, I would definitely come back for.

cajun-spaghetti-pasta.jpg

I also tried out the Gnocchi Gorgonzola pasta. I think the walnuts were a great complement to the gorgonzola and the potato pasta called gnocchi. I had gnocchi before but I didn't like it. This Oakroom dish definitely made me consider having it again. I'm giving you a fair warning that this dish is heavy! haha. Each bite has a particular rich and creamy kick of gorgonzola cheese.

gnocchi-gorgonzola.jpg

I took some of the Gulf and Gnocchi home to have people taste it and the Gnocchi was their winner because of the unique taste. The Gulf was still my choice because of its wonderful flavor and I had it all to myself hahaha. Either way, I got to thinking about the other pastas available and devising a way to drag a lot of people there so that we get to taste all before this limited lunch menu disappears next month hehe. I believe the prices are super fair and worth it for the two wonderful dishes and the ambiance at Oakroom. They have a dessert pasta called Black and White with Dark Chocolate included in the menu by the way!

black-and-white-chocolate-pasta.jpg

So there you have it, folks! You won't regret having this for lunch or snack or dinner or pre-midnight snack on a rainy day like today. Don't forget to get the couch seats near the big windows! The Pasta e Basta menu is available at any day (Mondays to Sundays from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.) until November 10. I'm predicting it will pick up soon so better reserve for seats!

oakroom-ortigas-pasig.jpg

Wait! I'm also giving away a Pasta e Basta! experience for 2 to one reader =) If you join, you must be able to dine in with somebody at the Oakroom. It's time to be present to the wonderful food in front of you and to give yourself and another an awesome short getaway! This prize is redeemable only during the promotional period that ends on November 10, 2012 and must be consumed by 2 people at the same time.

The prize includes:
- 2 complimentary servings of ANY pasta dish from the Pasta e Basta a la Carte menu
- 2 complimentary servings of the dessert plus any non-alcoholic beverage


pasta-dishes.jpgmango-shake-philippines

Have a taste of Italy in Manila through Oakroom and plan your visit now =) Enjoy freshly  pulled pasta in all shapes, colors and sizes in Manila! Consider this a date for that special person, bonding time with the family or a wonderful experience with a friend. Fare una spaghettata! (Eat spaghetti with your friends! - Oakroom's Executive Chef Jerome Cartailler)

no-man-is-lonely-eating-spaghetti.jpg

Oakroom also has a weekday and Sunday lunch buffet available with cuisines from around the world if you're not into pasta.

Oakroom_buffet_setup

I dream of eating my way in Italy soon because of this. Oh, all for the love of pasta =)

Which pasta dishes from the Pasta e Basta a la carte menu would you order and who would you take with you for the Oakroom dining experience? Please feel free to comment below. You can also subscribe to my updates via email on the top left part of the sidebar if you liked this post.

Contest Period is from October 3, 2012 12:01 a.m. EST to October 24, 2012 12:01 a.m. EST.

Please enter through Rafflecopter below:

a Rafflecopter giveaway


Restaurant Details:
Oakroom Restaurant & Bar Ortigas Address
6th Floor, Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila
17 ADB Avenue, Ortigas Center, Pasig
Open Mondays to Sundays
719-1160 (direct line) / 637-7888 ext. 8604
Oakroom Ortigas Facebook

79 comments:

  1. I prefer my pasta with meatballs on top and lot of cheese plus garlic bread... I tag along my hubby and daughter with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not very particular with my pasta. I would like to try Fettucine Veneto & Gnocchi Gorgonzola and will take my foodie-in-crime, Anj.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Palermo and Bella Note is my order and I would go with my friend Reinier So.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pasta. i would go with my kids...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to try Gnocchi Gorgonzola pasta and focaccia bread. i'd go with my sister

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gnocchi Gorgonzola Pasta...always hear Gnocchi come up in Top Chef and Hell's Kitchen menu so i'm curious how it tastes like...and the Gulf Pasta..piccie alone is enough for me to drool over....what more it's got shrimp in it! i will take hubby for authentic ItALIAN pasta meal

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to try Gnocchi Gorgonzola and Tuxedo from the Pasta e Basta at Oakroom! Will go with my brother. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to try Athena and Bella Note and I would go with my hubby and my son

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would go my GF or my Mom, whoever fits the schedule :)
    I would get Hot Hammin & Tuxedo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I usually go for pasta with tomato-based sauce and lotsa lotsa parmesan! The thickier the sauce, the better. Every forkful of wickedly delicious pasta makes me realize I may be an Italian in my past life. Who knows? *wink* I'll definitely bring my foodie husband with me! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i want ot try the Gnocchi Gorgonzola pasta and Gulf pasta and i would go with my best friend who loves pasta too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd like to try the gnocchi gorgonzola and capellini and i'd bring bf with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would like to try their Gnocchi Gorgonzola pasta or Bella Note and I would bring my mother with me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to try the Palermo and Bella Note with my sister:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to try the Capellini and Bella Note. I would love to bring my Mom because she loves pasta dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm such a pasta lover and so is my twin sister. So she is the perfect company for this food trip! And this restaurant is definitely an attention grabber! I just fell in love with your name! So creative, with an Italian twist. I would love to order Rigatoni & Gnocchi Gorgonzola Pasta. My pasta dishes, of course, wouldn't be complete without Focaccia bread! I just love the pesto and herb taste. It's perfect with pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm not one of this sophisticated one just the regular marina sauce will be okay with me

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'll be ordering the Gnocchi Gorgonzola and the Tuxedo. Of course I'll be bringing the boyf who super loves pasta dishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would love to try Gnocchi Gorgonzola with my mom <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love pasta. I want to try the Gnocchi Gorgonzola pasta & Hot Jammin. I want to try this with my sis & mom.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gnocchi Gorgonzola and Athena looks sooo delish! My sister would go gaga over olives and olive oil so I would take her with me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'll try the Gnocchi Gongonzola Pasta and the Gulf Pasta with my mom. I love walnuts and I want to see what it's like with gorgonzola cheese. Then there's the Cajun shrimps in the Gulf pasta. Can't want to taste it! Yummmm!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I want to try Pappardelle & Gnocchi from the Pasta e Basta menu at Oakroom Ortigas with my hubby who also loves to eat pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  24. ooh! I'm sure this is delish! craving now :)

    would love to try Gnocchi Gorgonzola and Bella Note with my foodie buddy boyfie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. I will bring my hubby to Oakroom for our pasta date :) I will try their Fettucine Veneto and Gnocchi Gongonzola

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'll eat any type of pasta but I surely would be putting lots of parmesan cheese in it! I'd like to try Tuxedo (truffles!!!) and Gnocchi Gorgonzola (curious about walnuts with potato pasta) with my bf (bestfriend and boyfriend)!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love carbonara and I can make a very good version of it Pinoy style :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. i's like to try and taste gulf pasta and bella note with my hubby who is also a foodie!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I would love to order the Gnocchi Gorgonzola Pasta and the Black and White Pasta. I will definitely bring my hubby and kids here.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'll be ordering the Tuxedo and Gnocchi Gorgonzola. I'm gonna bring my best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I go for spaghetti because I love the tomato sauce and I must try Gnocchi Gorgonzola pasta together with my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  32. My pasta preference depends on my mood - sometimes I like white sauce, sometimes i like the tomato based or oil-based... :) I'd love to try Gnocchi Gorgonzola pasta
    and Gulf pasta with my food-adventure-buddy and lovie Jan Marc :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love carbonara and ravioli with cream sauce. I'll bring my hubby with me

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'll have to try the Tuxedo and Gnocchi Gorgonzola with my daughter, who is a pasta afficionado.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I prefer White Sauce in Fettucine Pasta. I'd love to try Fettucine Venetto and Gulf with mi love. ♥

    More Power!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I want to try Gnocchi Gorgonzola pasta and focaccia bread. i'd go with my wife.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Spare ribs at http://www.gigsilonggo.com/lanai-grill-sports-bar-at-smallville-complex-iloilo/

    Roberto's big siopao

    Moon's gambas etc


    ReplyDelete
  38. I want to try Gnocchi Gorgonzola and Black and White from the Pasta e Basta menu at Oakroom Ortigas with my sister Amity

    ReplyDelete
  39. I would loved to try Gnocchi Gorgonzola and Bella Note with my Husband!!! ^^.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I would loved to try Gnocchi Gorgonzola and Gulf with my boyfriend, Web. :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. I'd love to try the Gulf Pasta and the Tuxedo with the bf. :)

    I can't believe I work in the same building and yet I didn't know something like this is happening!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I will go for fettucine veneto and gnocchi gorgonzola :) with my grandmother <3

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love pasta especially carbonara. I would try the Gnocchi Gorgonzola and Bella Note with my sister. My sister is taking up culinary arts and maybe she can discover how this delicious pasta were made.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I would treat my family once I won this Pasta e Basta Guiltless Getaways for the first time!!!! Love pasta's!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  45. Joined. I want to try Gnocchi Gorgonzola & Gulf Pasta with a blogger friend.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I would love to try Fettucine Veneto & Gnocchi Gorgonzola and bring my sister with me.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hi Melody,

    Try Buffalo WIngs n THings at Greenhills, you will surely enjoy their special sauce of chicken buffalo. Surely yum yum yum.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Like to taste Bella Note & Hot Jammin since it sounds delicous with my girlfriend :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. spaghetti for my kids and fettuccine for moi :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. if you love europesn cuisine as i do, try il ponticello, antel in valero, salcedo village or la grotta ristorante italiano, herrera, legaspi village. cheers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. I want spagetti and Bella Note with my boyfriend :)

    ReplyDelete
  52. I prefer my pasta al dente. I'd like to try Gulf Pasta and Gnocchi Gorgonzola Pasta with my boyfriend.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  53. will definitely try the Gulf Pasta with my kids or a girlfriend. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Pasta e Basta and Gulf Pasta

    I think I'll go with my foodie friend.

    ReplyDelete
  55. for me, it will always be pasta with white sauce- for sharing with the boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Palermo and Gulf Pasta for me and my Hubby.Perfect time to celebrate our 24th Anniversary (our anniv will be on Oct.21).

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  57. I want to try Gnocchi Gorgonzola pasta and Gulf from the Pasta e Basta menu at Oakroom Ortigas before Nov. 10 and take favorite sister. She definitely deserves a treat after going through so much this year. We're both huge pasta lovers, so this will definitely be heaven for us. =)

    ReplyDelete
  58. I want to try Tuxedo and Gulf from the Pasta e Basta menu at Oakroom Ortigas with my husband cum food trip partner. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  59. My pasta preference is Linguini
    I would you order Gnocchi Gorgonzola pasta & the Gulf Pasta
    I would you go with my husband

    ReplyDelete
  60. Gulf and Gnocchi Gorgonzola will do! I wanna try it with my husband. :)

    ReplyDelete
  61. I usually prefer linguine with pesto sauce but for these I would definitely try Gnocchi Gorgonzola and The Capellini. Bringing my best friend to try out the food with me

    ReplyDelete
  62. I would go with my mom and sis. I'd like to try the Gulf pasta (I love grilled shrimps!) and the gnocchi (I love potatoes and cheese!).

    ReplyDelete
  63. Basta pasta. Kahit ano my favorite. Im wanting to try out Palermo and Bella Note! Will have date with m son.

    ReplyDelete
  64. I would go with my mom and try the Gnocchi Gorgonzola and Gulf pasta

    ReplyDelete
  65. Im not that particular for pasta, If its nicely done, Ill dig in! If I win Ill go with a date with my mom and choose Hot Hammin & Tuxedo.


    Kany Vic Perez

    ReplyDelete
  66. I want to try Athena and Bella Note with my brother. Any pasta will surely satisfy my cravings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  67. i think i might give the Gnocchi Gorgonzola pasta a shot, i have not tried it yet. also i won't fail to order spaghetti with meat balls as that is one of my fave pasta dishes! i will share it with my little man! :)

    ReplyDelete
  68. I would love to try Gnocchi Gorgonzola & Bella Note with my hubby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  69. I love homemade gnocchi and ravioli dishes! oakroom's must be great as well. I would love to try it. Casa Notra's version are good. they're located in pasong tamo. have you tried it?

    ReplyDelete
  70. I love to try Fettucine Veneto because I love black spaghetti and like to taste Palermo as well together with my boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  71. I am a pasta lover and I would love to try I want to try Gulf and Gnocchi Gorgonzola. I would go out with my close friend whom I usually go out try restaurants with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  72. Have you tried Banchetto (https://www.facebook.com/Banquetto?fref=ts)?

    ReplyDelete
  73. Would love to try gnocchi gorgonzola and gulf!!! :) would eat with my friend, daphne :)

    ReplyDelete
  74. I will Try Gulf Pasta and Gnocchi Gorgonzola pasta With my Cousin :D

    ReplyDelete
  75. I want to try Gnocchi Gorgonzola & Gulf pasta with my honey okix..

    ReplyDelete
  76. I'm curious about gnocchi gorgonzola and gulf, i wanna try it out with my hubby, we both LOVE pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  77. I'd love to share the Gulf & Gnocchi Gorgonzola with my mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  78. Gulf Pasta and Gnocchi Gorgonzola would be a choice. Will try it with my nephew.


    Victoria Jose

    ReplyDelete
  79. I would love to try Gulf Pasta and Gnocchi Gorgonzola pasta. I'll bring my bestfriend.

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you =)