Short BK GK Getaway Deals - Popeyes Chicken Philippines and Landers Pasig!

Short walks with J got me through the week. Today, we drove to Arcovia City in Pasig and ended up in Louisiana chain Popeyes for lunch. It’s just a short walk from Landers Pasig. The ambiance was light, spacious and diner-like, which reminds me of our honeymoon trip to the US.

Landers-pasig-popeyes-philippines.jpg

To get into both, you need a Pasig pass. There were actually a lot of Grab riders and people taking out at Popeyes and they were all served quick! Ordering and paying at the counter via credit card was very efficient.

Landers-pasig-popeyes-philippines.jpg

We ordered chicken tenders with gravy and honey biscuit and Sarsi meal, Cajun rice and the US spicy chicken sandwich. I would order the chicken tenders again with gravy and just plain rice. The gravy tastes exactly like KFC gravy hehe and the chicken tenders were just right for me. This used to be my staple meal for college, so simple and light haha. The US spicy chicken that Jeff had is a cleaner KFC zinger with buffalo coat, bacon and jalapenos. Not bad for our Popeyes experience. I would go here again if ever we’re in the area. 

Landers-pasig-popeyes-philippines.jpg

As for Landers Superstore, I found my super sulit 3-pack Kleenex and hoarded like 6 packs (see how happy I am!), along with some healthier snacks and food good for maybe 2-3 weeks. It’s nice to be out and about. I had forgotten how happy I am to go aisle to aisle in supermarkets and wide superstores like these. We used to do this quite often many years ago before life got too busy! 

Landers-pasig-popeyes-philippines.jpg

Bonus treat is the free haircut for Landers members that Jeff got, the free parking, the 8-peso per liter gas discount and the weekend 10% rebate of our BDO Shopmore card. 😜

Landers-pasig-popeyes-philippines.jpg

How time flies when you’re so distracted with food and goodies! I’m also more inclined to walk more while browsing and exercise my brain to be more mindful before I pick something up. And of course, the promos and good deals! We have not forgotten that we are BK and GK! Haha. 

Short Getaway - Popeyes Chicken Philippines and Landers Pasig