Sa Chun Sung Korean Chinese Restaurant in Pearl Drive Ortigas!

I've searched again and again for Korean jajangmyun (black noodles) in Manila and failed each time for years. This time, thanks to my sister and Ryan Bang (haha), I finally found somewhere good and just in Ortigas, Pasig that can satisfy my craving! You can only find this dish in Chinese restaurants in Korea and they eat it during Singles Day. Koreans also order jajangmyun via delivery when they move to a new place then the dishes get picked up afterwards (according to the Korean series on Netflix Let's Eat that I just watched). Originally adapted from the jajiangmien in China, it was brought to Korea and the once salty dish became sweeter and lighter, which I like very much. Sa Chun Sung is open Wednesdays to Mondays from noon onwards ;) 

sa-chun-sung-ortigas-pasig.jpg

Ironically, I had the seafood jajangmyun first in Beijing while studying there. It was a huge plate good for maybe 4 to 6 people and I haven’t forgotten about it since. Partly because I always see it in Koreanovelas when I’m back here in Manila haha.. The restaurant is no longer there unfortunately. It was one of the first dishes I looked for when I arrived in Korea for the first time. Sadly, I also couldn’t find the seafood version much - Haemul Jajangmyun. Fastforward to 2019, I immediately went to this restaurant when I saw the menu. This is their seafood jajangmyun and it has a bigger serving around 4 to 6 people. It’s good and  a bit spicy. I suspect they put jjampong in this hehe.

sa-chun-sung-ortigas-pasig.jpg

This is the yummy plain (and not spicy) and most basic black noodles. They put egg in it and you mix them together with the runny yolk. I’ve been here thrice and if I want to tone down on the spicy for the day, I have this.

sa-chun-sung-ortigas-pasig.jpg

The partner of the jajangmyun is the tangsuyuk or sweet and sour pork. The difference of the Korean version is the chewy outer texture of the meat. I was not a big fan of their version, I liked the lemon chicken better. One order is already big and maybe for 4 to 6 people.

sa-chun-sung-ortigas-pasig.jpg

Lastly, I surprisingly liked the jjampong. I would frequently see this in local advertisements but I don’t dare try it due to the spicy reputation. I liked their super mild version with rice :) I just hope they change to Korean rice. And if you want your jjangmyun spicy, I just put jjampong soup on the black noodles! I ordered the tofu jampong version :)

sa-chun-sung-ortigas-pasig.jpg

There’s unlimited kimchi, raw onions, pickled radish and jajang sauce. For the 3 of us, we were already very full with one order of plain jajangmyun and tofu jampong at P600! And they do deliver ;) They have other Chinese dishes on the menu like Mapo Tofu, Shabu Shabu and Mandu dumplings. I liked the Sizzling Rice Crispies Seafood Soup also. Order the Chapchae also! It tastes different from other restaurant's. Enjoy! 

sa-chun-sung-ortigas-pasig.jpg

Note: The first picture is not part of the food in Sa Chun Sung ;) It's just me enjoying Korean food.

Restaurant Details:
2F Starbucks, in front of University of Asia & the Pacific (UA&P)
8101 Pearl Plaza, Lot 56, Pearl Drive, Ortigas, Pasig
0917-8224796
Closed on Tuesdays