Manila Food Trips: Silantro at UP Town, Slappy Cakes at SM Aura and Alley at The Grove Rockwell!

All restaurants and malls in Manila I frequent are closed for Maundy Thursday and Good Friday... And so, in this period where eating at home is the only clear option for me, I choose to look back on my latest food trips in Manila (so I don't feel as if I have nowhere to go this lenten break) haha. Check out Silantro at UP Town, Slappy Cakes' new menu offerings and this Alley restaurant at The Grove Rockwell =)

silantro-ph-nachos.jpg 

I'm going to keep this short and light so that I can still catch up on a lot of work later hehe. J and I went out on a date one night and ended up at UP Town Center. We were in the middle of picking from "unique concept" restaurants and I saw Silantro had a branch here! I've been wanting to try it out ever since he tried it by himself in Kapitolyo. Out of the 2 things we ordered, I really liked their overflowing Nachos. It's best eaten fresh and with lots of toppings ;) Yum!


silantro-ph-nachos.jpg 

I recently tried out US franchise Slappy Cakes in SM Aura, known for their cook-it-yourself pancakes and that DIY choco shake. They have a new menu out now catered for the Pinoy palate. If you want more of a brunch type, then there are salads, pastas, toast and even rice meals. And if it's not too early, you may want to try their "Christmas-y" Grasshopper Pie (like Andes mint choco according to my table mates) and the Caramel Lava Cake. 

slappy-cakes-manila.jpg

slappy-cakes-manila.jpg

slappy-cakes-manila.jpg 

slappy-cakes-manila.jpg 

slappy-cakes-manila.jpg 

slappy-cakes-manila.jpg

slappy-cakes-dessert.jpg 

slappy-cakes-dessert.jpg

Last but not the least, before the break officially started, J and I dropped by The Grove by Rockwell for new food to try. We ended up at the Alley! I loved the string lights vibe, partly because I've been looking at this effect for our wedding theme hehe and I remember the nights in Spain where you'd just sit outside the streets to eat. We were both full and aiming for a light dinner. We definitely loved their Reuben sandwich ;)

alley-rockwell-grove.jpg 

alley-rockwell-grove.jpg

Just one more day and we can all go out on that food trip again haha. On another note, I found this list of restaurants and cafes that are open this Holy Week ;)