The Start of My Journey With Transitions Lenses and George Optical

There are moments when I'm tired on a familiar trip home and I just take off my glasses to blur the bright billboards and night lights. They instantly turn into pretty dispersed bursts of color like a bokeh without the use of any camera trick. This is one of those few moments that I'm happy to have myopia or nearsightedness. I lost my idea that I have a perfect vision in my 20s and been wearing lenses ever since. In those many years, I must say, that I've never experienced a thorough eye checkup and eye care wakeup call like this one I had with George Optical. They helped carry out all the measurements and specifications needed for my new eyeglasses equipped with the latest Transitions Lens Technology! :)

george-optical.jpg

melody-co.jpg
I got to take with me my Transitions XTRActive lenses to Batanes (and my future travels)! ;) #LifeintheBestLight

They say that the eyes are the windows to one's soul. In this case, the doc told me that it can also show you your body condition and emotional state at a closer look like symptoms of diabetes and systemic diseases. She showed me my "stress rings" (thru a a slit-lamp biomicroscopy exam I think) haha. Mine's way overboard at around 6 circles but I am "happy" since my eyes were well-dilated. I guess I was just excited over this checkup overall (and got interested with iridology) hehe. The store assistant first did the common eye exam below then I went in the private room for more tests like the fluorescein eye stain test.

george-optical.jpg 

george-optical.jpg 

george-optical-manila.jpg

Through our private conversation, Doc Cris learned about my medical history and interests. I, in turn, learned many, many things - that polycarbonate lenses can take impact and are scratch resistant and that some fibers may cause scratches if you don't use the proper lens cloth cleaner, that some contacts are okay with UV but don't actually protect from glare, that I don't have astigmatism or cataracts at the moment, the 20-20-20 rule (Every 20 minutes, look at an object 20 feet away for 20 seconds to give your eyes a break) to rest your eyes after sitting in the computer and well, some bad news - that I have developed some form of giant papillary conjuctivitis (gpc) or allergic reaction from a previous dirty contact lens use (she says it's not going to go away but is dormant unless the irritant is there again where my eyes would produce mucus and cause blurry vision...). 


george-optical-manila.jpg

She told me to increase my water intake (bummer...) because my eyes are so dry that my tears took 7 seconds to dry instead of the normal 12 to 15 seconds. She then suggested that I may want to try Transitions XTRActive lenses for my rather mobile lifestyle. Aside from avoiding dry eyes, my eyes also have to be protected from UV and glare (just like skin...) and I wouldn't even notice the lenses changing color as I walk around in my trips (only my travel mates will see the change dramatically when they look at me haha). It is compatible with frames of all sizes and shapes and you can ask them to add on the Transitions Adaptive Lens Technology into your eyeglasses with or without grade (even recommended for children)! ;)

transition-lens-manila.jpg

Transitions Optical is the world's leading provider of adaptive (photochromic) lenses to optical manufacturers worldwide. You can just find an optical shop like George Optical at Glorietta 3 in Makati to get your Transitions Photochromic Lenses now ;) There are 2 kinds of Transitions Lens available in the Philippines. They also come in at least 2 different colors.
  • You can either get Transitions Signature lenses which are their most responsive adaptive lenses for everyday use. It remains clear indoors (which is probably what some might want) then automatically darkens outdoors in changing light conditions.
  • Transitions XTRActive lenses, like mine, maintains a comfy hint of tint indoors and can reach a super dark tint outdoors.
A little backgrounder on Adaptive Lenses and how they work - "When the Transitions Lenses are exposed to UV light,  trillions of photochromic molecules in the lens begin to change the structure. This reaction is what causes the lens to darken. They continuously adapt to changing light so they're always exactly the shade you need them to be" and block 100% of the UV light. For learn more, you can head over to their website or on the Facebook PH page.

I walked out of this optical shop determined to take better care of my eyes so I do consider this another journey towards healthy living for me :) I'll be posting about my Transitions XTRActive lenses review soon. I tested it out in Batanes and I'll tell you guys more about both in the next posts ;)