Other Interesting Places in Busan - Check Out the Tea Ceremony, Lotte Outlets, The Bay 101 and Many More!

I can't believe they were able to squeeze in all these in our itinerary in Busan! Do you like to shop quality stuff, eat local food, visiting historical places or participating in cultural experiences more? This post covers 7 completely different places you might want to consider for your next Busan trip. Many thanks to the Korea Tourism Organization Manila Office and Asiana Airlines Philippines for taking me to these places!

meloy-co.jpg

If you're game for some shopping then you might want to check out the Lotte Dongbusan Premium Outlets. It just opened this December 2014 with more than 500 international and local outlet store brands. There's also a cinema, Lotte Mart and Hi-Mart already in the complex. I hope they open the Lotte World soon!! :)


lotte-dongbusan-outlet.jpg

lotte-dongbusan-outlet.jpg

lotte-dongbusan-outlet.jpg

lotte-dongbusan-outlet.jpg

You can have lunch on the 2nd floor of the Jagalchi Market building if you want to experience one of Busan's specialties. I've tried this once. We choose our seafood (flounder, squiggling live baby squid and scallops) and had them cooked for you or sliced as hue or hoe (eaten raw, thinly sliced like sashimi, can be wrapped in leaves and dipped in gojuchang). For seating options, there are nicer ones near the windows, some on the floor and others with chairs. They charge per person for the cooking charge, the utensils and the banchan (appetizers). The view is free with your meal hehe.

jagalchi-market.jpg

jagalchi-market.jpg

You can visit this tteokpokki place at the Gukje traditional market while you're there in the Nampo-dong shopping area.

nampodong-market.jpg

You have to be in even numbers and on time when you go learn more about the Korean tea ceremony at the Busan Museum. I knew enough to sit on the "assistant" corner hehe. What followed was a pretty strict and solemn experience, including very particular instructions needing left and right hand coordination and some meditation time. I was still sleep-deprived so I was perfectly content with observing, sipping my green tea and falling in line to wash the teapot. Haha. Having tea was so intricate this way but I was able to appreciate the art and tranquility that came with it even for just an hour.

busan-tea-ceremony.jpg

busan-museum.jpg

busan-tea-ceremony.jpg

busan-tea-ceremony.jpg

busan-museum.jpg

busan-museum.jpg

busan-museum.jpg

busan-museum.jpg

tea-ceremony-busan.jpg 

busan-museum.jpg

busan-museum.jpg

busan-museum.jpg

busan-museum.jpg

busan-museum.jpg

If you're a war and history buff then you might want to include the United Nations Memorial Cemetery in your places to go. So many countries sent troops during the Korean War and a lot gave up their lives defending this country including the Philippines. This was where they were laid to rest for eternity. It's a place to remember loved ones and to think long and hard about the consequences of war.

un-cemetery.jpg

un-cemetery.jpg

un-cemetery.jpg

un-cemetery.jpg

un-cemetery.jpg

For dinner, we had the most wonderful time at this galbi (ribs) place Ilheok Galbi 일해옥 갈비. You can sit on the floor if you're more comfortable with that. The meat was tender and the marinade had the right amount of sweetness. They had raw crab as banchan, duenjangjigae (miso soup) and my fav yangnyeom sauce for the galbi :)

galbi-restaurant-busan.jpg

galbi-restaurant-busan.jpg

galbi-restaurant-busan.jpg

galbi-restaurant-busan.jpg

galbi-restaurant-busan.jpg

galbi-busan.jpg

galbi-restaurant-busan.jpg

galbi-restaurant-busan.jpg

galbi-restaurant-busan.jpg

I thought we would do some yachting at The Bay 101. I never thought it'll feel like I was back at Clark Quay in Singapore! This is one of my favorite moments in this Korea trip minus the crowd! Dining under the stars with the lights and beside the water would be something I'd plan with J hehe. If you choose well, there are al fresco restaurants in the building with the same view. Fish, chips and beer aren't my thing though so I would go here after dinner or choose other restaurants to dine in.

the-bay-101.jpg

the-bay-101.jpg

the-bay-101.jpg

the-bay-101.jpg

the-bay-101.jpg

the-bay-101.jpg

the-bay-101.jpg

I've saved the best for last and for another blog post ;) I'll tell you a lot more about the Happy Village next! They weren't kidding when the named the place. It's so homey and the people there welcomed us with open arms. In that short moment we spent there, they've managed to pique my interest and make me want to come back! It's a pilot project in Busan that has potential for tourism so better go there while people still don't know about it.. Hehe. Here's a view from their garden rooftop :)

busan-view.jpg

This trip was made possible by Asiana Airlines PhilippinesKorea Tourism Organization ManilaUSTravel and the Busan Tourism OrganizationKorea is now MERS-free according to KTO and I just went there this August 2015.

Asiana Airlines flies once daily from Manila to Busan (3:30 a.m. to 8 a.m.) on an aircraft Airbus A321. You can book through your favorite travel agencies or at their site.

31 comments:

  1. if given a chance i would love to visit historical or happy places that can make my travel very memorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to travel to Maldives and Carribean Island. I really want island hopping adventure and enjoy my eyes to the wonderful paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I REALLY WANT TO GO TO SANFO NAPA VALLEY! Because of OTWOL series.. I think I'm the explorer one. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a little bit of adventurous person. I love visiting amusement parks where you could feel like you are a child again. Any country will do as long as it is a safe country. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. if i'm giving a chance to travel i want to go to the historic place... to the amusement park in texas

    ReplyDelete
  6. What kind of traveller are you and which among the places above would you go to? If it's not there, what kind of place would you want to go to?

    Answer: I like a travel to explore the places. The places that i want to explore are boracay and puerto princesa palawan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I am an adventurous type of traveller. I love exploring new places, trying local food and learning the culture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. im a nature love and i want to see the differents beauty that is not seen on photos..Batanes!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A place I would want to go is KOREA (very clean and modern)

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I just want to take time out then I go to a classy and first class resorts to just chill, hang out, relax and eat great food. but when I wanted to see more of what's out there, then I become the adventurous one seeking for new places to visit, new people to meet and new delicacies to taste

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I visit new places I always look for what is unique to that country or place. In Korea I will visit Buyeo National Museum, Lotte Outlet and resort, Taean Tulip Festival and try their great restos such as Shabu Maxim and Ilheok Galbi 일해옥 갈비.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The places that i want to explore are boracay and baguio

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to go to Maldives . My dream vacay.:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. when i travel i always prefer the budget and the foods. i want to try different foods i reaaly want to go to batanes.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to travel abroad and know their culture.

    ReplyDelete
  16. When I travel I always consider budget, food and the tourist destination in that particular place. I make sure that when I go to new places, I'll be able to go to a spot it is known for and the specialty food in that area.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want to go to France! I'm not a traveler but France is one on my list!heheh I wanna try the coffee at Cafe Panis! Yii

    ReplyDelete
  18. Im just an average tourist,i want to experience every step of the way,and someday i hope i can visit a safari in East Africa or Take a boat trip to Antarctica from Ushuaia!

    ReplyDelete
  19. If given a chance I would love to go to The Tanah in Bali Indonesia.
    Tanah Lot is among the most important, and most photographed, sea temples in Bali. The temple is perched on a rock in the middle of the sea at high tide, with banded sea snakes dwelling so this is so perfect for me since I love water adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm adventurous traveler. I love to wander around, experience and indulge myself in a culture, learn new things, capture scenery views, and collect priceless moments. If given a chance, I would love to go at N Seoul tower to witness the spectacular beauty of Seoul and ride wild rides in Lotte World. :) Also, I woud love to wear Hanbok, traditional Korean dress.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am foodie traveller. I would like to try a place delicacies

    ReplyDelete

  22. I'm a traveller who loves to eat and have some adventure! :D I would love to visit the Busan Museum and leanr how to make my tea. :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love foods , Other Country Food.. and i want to visit Busan Museum ..

    ReplyDelete
  24. so many good and nice places in korea , i want to go there again if i have a chance ...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gusto ko makita ang magagandang lugar o view sa isang bansa o lugar. gusto ko rin matikman ang foods nila. at gusto ko yung maeenjoy ko ang pagtatravel ko. kagaya nung mamasyal recreation and entertainment area nila. yung pwede mag-enjoy din ang anak ko.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I want to be in the Busan Museum,I want my travel to be enjoyable and full of knowledge about places that i will be. and of course I will never forget eating and it seems that ang Jagalchi market ang bagay sa akin dahil sa hilig ko sa seafoods... YUMMY :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. I always have a soft spot for seafood. I always crave for Garlic Butter Shrimp, Baked Scallops, Baked King Card Legs with Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce, and if I'm on a trip, I will always look for these foods when I'm on a trip.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I always love the beach and mountains. I'm a nature lover type of traveler and would love to conquer Mt. Pulag someday :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you =)