First Timer Tour Boracay - Fun Activities at the Trick Art Museum, Parasailing, Buggy, PauPatri, Boracay Mandarin, Don Vito, Paraw Sailing and White Beach

They say time heals all wounds. It's been a while since I thought about Boracay because of that shocking accident with my sister. Someone asked me about my favorite places recently and the fondness for that piece of paradise still came. I opened the folder of pictures I set aside from that memorable trip and decided to write about the fun times this time to finally let go of any negative feelings I have left. I miss my sister who's a thousand miles away right now. Today, I can look forward to our next adventure when she comes home.

boracay-parasailing.jpg

I took on the challenge to go with my sister for her first time in Boracay. We planned our activities based on our interests and personalities. She's lucky the Caticlan airport was already renovated. We registered at the counter and availed to hire a tricycle to take us to the Caticlan port.

boracay.jpg

The tricy stand is just outside the terminal.

boracay.jpg

A boat ride and another tricy later, we got to our hostel near Bulabog beach. I'll tell you more about our awesome stay in another post.

parasailing-bulabog.jpg

Bulabog Beach doesn't have the white powdery sand but it was home to water sports like paragliding (we were there October).

parasailing-bulabog.jpg

Because of my fear of deep water and controlling the big thing by myself, I don't have the guts to try this yet. I'm waiting for that chance when I'm with a lot of professionals and swimmers among my group of travel buddies.

parasailing-bulabog.jpg

I have no doubt that the wind will take me somewhere deep and I will panic due to the sheer size of this thing.

parasailing-bulabog.jpg

What me and my lil' sis did, on the other hand, is eat.

boracay.jpg

I took her to D' Talipapa for some paluto.

boracay.jpg

I had my first taste of yummy imbao clams soup here after all.

boracay.jpg


melody-co.jpg

to have some Italian food 

don-vito.jpg

and mascarpone gelato

don-vito.jpg

We also stopped over at D' Mall for some Andok's, as well as good old sour cream French Fries

ice-monster.jpg

and the melts-in-your-mouth mango shaved ice from Ice Monster (it's one of the few remaining branches in the country.. :( ). We ate all of these at different days, of course haha.

ice-monster.jpg

We did so many things during that trip and I can't believe I buried it all under the terrible thing that cut our trip short.

boracay-white-beach.jpg

We went paraw sailing one morn because this is one of my favorite things that I wanted her to experience.

boracay-white-beach.jpg

Of course, I did everything to prevent my skin from being nog-nog (dark/burnt).

boracay-white-beach.jpg

Because we were only 2, we each got our side to balance.

boracay-white-beach.jpg

We walked the White Beach and did some people watching.

boracay-white-beach.jpg

I went to have a shirt hand-painted.

boracay.jpg

I had to go back for it the next day due to the volume of their orders.

boracay.jpg

We both got to drive the buggy because I think the ATV was more dangerous based on experience and I suck at that haha.

boracay-buggy.jpg

I drove us to the viewpoint.

boracay-buggy.jpg

She just had to experience it once

boracay-buggy.jpg

because there's not much to see and they charge extra to go there.

boracay-buggy.jpg

Because I've been an angel (LOL),

boracay-buggy.jpg

I put her behind the wheel next to let her have the fun speeding while I sipped my mango shake haha.

boracay-buggy.jpg

We didn't try the go cart inside Happy Dreamland.

boracay-go-cart.jpg

We did go back to Bulabog beach 

boracay-parasailing.jpg

to parasail!

boracay-parasailing.jpg

At first, I felt like 15 minutes up there was too short so I was thinking maybe they overcharged us since it was low season and we seemed to be the only ones there.

boracay-parasailing.jpg

But then while we were up there, I started to sing "I Believe I Can Fly" in my head.

boracay-parasailing.jpg

I got really praning after with all that open water below me (and sharks) and I suddenly couldn't wait to be on solid ground.

boracay-parasailing.jpg

And so, I was beginning to be a bit more adventurous like my younger sister haha.

boracay-parasailing.jpg

If it were entirely up to me, I would just tone it down, watch the Boracay sunset,

meloy.co.jpg

stare at my feet and walk some more in that silky Boracay sand.

meloy.co.jpg

By dinnertime, I would take her to hidden places like this walkway beside Boracay Mandarin,

pauu-patri.jpg

calm her down with a promise of a surprise

pauu-patri.jpg

and bring her to PauPatri.

pauu-patri.jpg

We got ourselves a cabana near the pond

pauu-patri.jpg

and have a brief photo session before we order haha.

melody-co.jpg

We ordered pork schnitzel since they serve German-inspired food.

pauu-patri.jpg

If it were me, I would be content with the spaetzle that came with it and that yummy sauce.

pauu-patri.jpg

We then looked for a place with relaxing music by the White Beach Station 2 and had a few drinks.

pauu-patri.jpg

We also tried stuff that both of us haven't tried before like the Sky Bicycle at Happy Dreamland.

boracay-activity.jpg

It's just a round (thank goodness because the sun was too hot) and it was included in our Trick Art Museum ticket package.

boracay-activity.jpg

The Trick Art Museum was very fun, esp. if you're with a more creative person who can visualize well haha. It was probably the only thing that's fun and looks new in this "amusement park".

boracay-activity.jpg

One thing to make sure here is to be with at least one other person

trick-art-boracay.jpg

to take your wacky photos haha.

trick-art-boracay.jpg

But I think 3 is better so that you can also take couple/2-people photos.

trick-art-boracay.jpg

I'm usually not this wacky

trick-art-boracay.jpg

but my partner was so game and into it

trick-art-boracay.jpg

that she really uplifted my mood 

trick-art-boracay.jpg

and feel the moment for nice souvenir 3D photos haha.

trick-art-boracay.jpg

So this was me

trick-art-boracay.jpg

and my crazy sis

trick-art-boracay.jpg

before we had that zorb accident that hurt

trick-art-boracay.jpg

and got us both into trouble.. LOL. She got over what happened and her stitches before I did.

trick-art-boracay.jpg

But I say I'm ready now for fun times. Come what may ;)