Inno Hostel and Pub Lounge Review, Cheap Backpacker Room near Hongdae and Hapjeong Station Seoul

I usually don't stay in hostels and shared rooms as much but I'm starting to be more open recently. My flight from Manila to Korea arrived at night and my homestay host couldn't accommodate me until the next day. And so I found a cheap place near Hongdae and Hapjeong (my homestay location is a stop away in this line) called Inno Hostel and Pub Lounge to spend the night. My considerations included the bedspace look, if it was listed in Agoda, until what time the front desk is open, all female dorm available, number of beds and location

inno-hostel-hongdae.jpg

The pub lounge was one of the things that attracted me to this listing. I was hoping I would be lucky enough to be there during a jamming session. There was none when I came (just very quiet and not that many people downstairs). I did arrive close to 10 p.m. dead tired and this is my review based on that experience.

inno-hostel-hongdae.jpg

The check-in guy was accommodating and gave me directions in good English, passwords and a map. The ease I think comes with booking with Agoda too because I only have to print the reservation and show an ID. 

inno-hostel-hongdae.jpg

My room rate of $17.10 actually came with basic breakfast. I remember just adding around $1 to upgrade it to a room with just 4 people (4 bed dormitory female).

inno-hostel-hongdae.jpg

Tired and a bit hungry, I decided to quickly decipher the floor plan he gave me and sleep. LOL. I entered the door beside the counter strictly for hostel guests.

inno-hostel-hongdae.jpg

He said to go 2 floors up. Boy, I was so thankful I left my big luggage at my homestay place before I came here and I was only carrying a backpack with my laptop and overnight clothes. The first plight of stairs wasn't exactly nice. The door on top had a passcode.

inno-hostel-hongdae.jpg

This was the 2nd floor and I took this picture of the common area.

inno-hostel-hongdae.jpg

The 2nd plight of stairs was better but it was my max. The room location and floor number would definitely be in my list of things to watch out for next time.

inno-hostel-hongdae.jpg

I was a bit confused with the floor plan being tired and all. I found a women only toilet on one floor

inno-hostel-hongdae.jpg

and climbed up a bit more to get to my designated room. To keep this women only rooms separate from the mixed dorms, there's another passcode to get through the door.

inno-hostel-hongdae.jpg

There's a dressing area with mirrors inside

inno-hostel-hongdae.jpg

then just ahead are the rooms. That left door is the toilet.

inno-hostel-hongdae.jpg

This was my room for the night and the beds were first-come, first-served so I got the last top bunk to the right.

inno-hostel-hongdae.jpg

You have to do the sheets, blanket and pillow cases. I had my own lamp and outlet up there. There's a curtain one can close for privacy.

inno-hostel-hongdae.jpg

There was supposed to be a place to hang stuff but mine was broken.

inno-hostel-hongdae.jpg

There's airconditioning but the control lies with the one on the other top bunk. Free WiFi reaches here up to my bed.

inno-hostel-hongdae.jpg

One of the things I'm iffy about were my stuff so it's either I bring them everywhere even in the bathroom or rent one of these containers in the room.

inno-hostel-hongdae.jpg

Here's my morning view. I wished they had put blinds here also. Good thing I got my earplugs and eyemask with me for situations like this haha.

inno-hostel-hongdae.jpg

I was able go temporarily let go of my praning tendencies and left my bag on the bed to go to the bathroom outside to change, pee

inno-hostel-hongdae.jpg

and brush my teeth though the toilet was a bit cramped.

inno-hostel-hongdae.jpg

There were 2 shower stalls with separate doors just outside our rooms and we were just 2 rooms sharing it.

inno-hostel-hongdae.jpg

I checked out by 11 a.m. :) I got to this hostel via car because my homestay host said it was too late and the taxi might take me elsewhere or they simply wouldn't take me because of the short distance. It was a bit dark around this area at night so personally, I would stay here when I am on a trip with some other people or if I won't go out at night. Mornings and afternoons are fine. It's pretty close to an exit of Hapjeong Station (maybe around 10-15 mins). You have to find the alley (left below)

inno-hostel-hongdae.jpg

and you'll see this impressive-looking guesthouse and pub lounge soon. It's actually not that bad and it is affordable enough. Personally, I could only stay in shared room hostels for a short time because I'm still not used to the idea. My preference for Seoul so far are homestay apartments or hanokstay with nice Korean people (who I've become friends with now) and accommodations like Novotel and Lotte Hotel if budget permits ;)