Los Banos and Calamba Laguna Hot Spring Overnight Trip Itinerary - 88 Hotspring Resort & Spa for Adults and The Health Walk Foodie Adventure in Laguna

When I was young, I used to love going to a place called Crystal Springs (somewhere in Laguna). To a mini me, it was my perfect swimming pool because they had a hotspring pool with that perfect height and size for a short kid. I had forgotten about that place until recently, when I was invited to an impromptu hotspring getaway in Laguna. When my mom said I was going to Pansol, where so many hot spring resorts are, I said I was going to Laguna and not Pansol. Many Google searches later, I obviously didn't know that Laguna is considered the Resort Capital of the Philippines and they had barangays with a lot of hot spring resorts called Pansol, Bucal and Bagong Kalsada... Haha. Ah, I needed that age old wisdom and constant reminder that not all destinations and cool places are far far away from Manila. I only have to talk to the elders, dig deep in my memory, rediscover and remember some of my childhood moments it seems.. Anyway, I was so glad that I went on this trip! The official address of the 88 Hotspring Resort & Spa where we stayed was at Bagong Kalsada in Calamba, Laguna while the awesome restaurants where we ate were at Los Banos, Laguna =) One restaurant was part of the Health Walk movement of the people of Los Banos. I've never heard of it before this and you know I'm interested in organic and healthy stuff now due to my organic agri journeys with the ATI (Agricultural Training Institute of the Philippine Department of Agriculture). So I'm posting it here for future reference and for you guys who want to have a healthy food trip adventure near Manila ;) Here I was below all refreshed and waiting for food at Herb Republic haha.

Sit long. Talk much. Laugh Often. =)
health_walk_los_banos.jpg

First of all, pardon the lack of pictures. I really wasn't planning on blogging about this so I didn't bring my camera. All photos are from J's phone and online from the 88 Hotspring and Health Walk pages.

We arrived at the 88 Hotspring Resort & Spa late afternoon from the Ortigas area (around 1.5 hours away depending on traffic). We always pass by this place, to Costales Nature Farms in Laguna and Bangkong Kahoy Valley Natural Farm in Quezon during my last trips, and didn't think much of it. It was so big inside, impressive really and it instantly clicked that this might be intended for Korean tourists. What a nice hideaway and barkada outing place hehe. P600 for day entrance fee, I believe. There are statues for adults here so it might not be a good idea to bring children but if you are, it's P500 for 13 years old and below. Don't bring big luggages (uneven path) and bring insect repellant.

88-hotspring-laguna

We stayed at the Executive Room / Lagoon Room (for 4, P10k per night) and we managed to fit 10 in there (with extra mat and pillow charges at around less than P700 to P1k per person, without breakfast, room floor was big). Our room was located on the 2nd floor of the structure below. Their room was spacious even with 2 beds (fits 4) and there was hot shower (not sure if they close the hot at night, ask), fridge, toilet, aircon, towels, toiletries and cable TV.

88-hotspring 

There are other room types like the Small Kubo (P2500 for 2), Standard Room (P3k for 2), Bamboo Suite (P5500 for 2), Villa Room (P6000 for 2) and Nipa Hut (P9000 for 4). There's WiFi at some public areas, they said.

88-hotspring-resort-rooms

They have 10 outdoor pools, some with partial shade and they have from 2 to 4 ft. Personally, I think dipping from sundown is best ;) The pools below open until 12 midnight. There are lockers and shower areas near the pools (curtains don't close completely though and not all have hot showers).

88-hotspring-resort-pool

The ones I've tried are all heated (I think naturally, some too hot actually, some chlorinated) even at night so it was cool. The hottest ones I found have temperatures from 39 to 42 degrees =) They said that the water comes from Mt. Makiling.

88-hot-spring

The ones up these stairs are open 24 hours ;) It might be a bit chilly at night when the wind picks up so it could be a wonderful thought to stay in the hot ones. Please be reminded not to stay too long though and have a glass of cold water with you (dispenser available near the restaurant).

88-hotspring-calamba

We saw a Korean group grilling some samgyeupsal near the pool! There's also a restaurant where you can get your Korean fix, even at 2 a.m. LOL. Breakfast was limited though. 

88-hotspring-restaurant

Before we checked out, we headed to the pool with the slide. I was sliding sooo slow dunno why hahaha. This pool had the mountain view. It's close to the outdoor firing range and has a locker and shower area (no hot water). Check in time is at 1:30 p.m. while check out is at 11:30 a.m.

88-hotspring-resort

We ate out for dinner (1st day) and lunch (2nd day) since we had a car. Mio Cucina in Los Banos is just around 30 minutes away. It's a super small restaurant (probably just sits around 25) and it was packed when we got there. Check out their story here.

mio-cucina-2

I liked the dishes, especially the beef one. I believe it was beef stew with the olives ;) The prices are reasonable too. Definitely going back there again to try out other things on the menu.

mio-cucina

For lunch, we went to Cafe Antonio first but they have a limited menu due to what happened during Typhoon Glenda.

the-health-walk-los-banos

We said maybe we'll try it next time. We saw that it was part of The Health Walk - A Healthy Lifestyle Adventure in Los Banos!

health_walk_los_banos.jpg

We tried Herb Republic and they had a nice ambiance. From the moment we stepped out of the car, the smell of rosemary chicken was already lingering in the air.

herb_republic

They also support the deaf community by encouraging the diners to interact with some of their staff who have this disability with sign language.

herb-republic

I loved that they are advocating organic food and I love their Pesto Pasta and homemade Soy Milk the most =) 

buy-local

Check out the other establishments of The Health Walk adventure =)

health-walk-los-banos

Here's a map if you want to go on this food trip in Los Banos! Click to enlarge.


Resort Details:
88 Hotspring Resort & Spa
9061 Bagong Kalsada,
4027 Calamba, Laguna
Open Mondays to Sundays 24 hours
Website
+63 (49) 5361388

Restaurant Details:
10395 Lopez Avenue, 
Los Banos, Laguna
Open Mondays to Saturdays 9:30 a.m. (or 11 a.m.?) to 9:30 p.m.
Reserve at 0922-8162771 / +63 (2) 7033271 / +63 (49) 5363311

Km 63, Lopez Avenue,
Batong Malake, Los Banos, Laguna
Open Tuesdays to Sundays 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.