Taekwondo Class at the Hyo Rim Taekwondo Academy in Busan and Yummy Korean Rice Burger from BonGousse 봉구스 밥버거 !

After 2 weeks of no exercise (except walking) in Korea, my heart rate finally picked up today during Taekwondo class! Haha. I've always been fascinated with martial arts and I would take it as an elective if I could when I was still a student. I loved the forms and kicking but I was just scared of sparring during my Taekwondo class in college (coz I got hit in the head) so I didn't think about actually experiencing a class in Korea haha. It was fun to be introduced to it again after a long time.

k-clip-2014.jpg

We went to the Hyo Rim Tae Kwon Do Academy around 15 minutes away from the PNU campus via our bus.

hyo-rim-taekwondo.jpg

Shoes off!

hyo-rim-taekwondo.jpg

hyo-rim-taekwondo.jpg

hyo-rim-taekwondo.jpg

Black belters welcomed us. I think two of them are even part of the Korean team..

hyo-rim-taekwondo.jpg

Experts like them can do cool flying kicks but it takes a lot of experience and hard work.

taekwondo-busan.jpg

Because of my Barre3 experience, I know that stretching is very important to prevent injury, no matter how silly it might look like to some.

hyo-rim-taekwondo.jpg

Kaja! Let's do this haha.

melody-co.jpg

hyo-rim-taekwondo.jpg

We jogged for a few minutes, hopped like bunnies and did some warmup drills like we used to in class.

hyo-rim-taekwondo.jpg 

hyo-rim-taekwondo.jpg

taekwondo-busan.jpg

He taught us some basic stances for blocking and kicking. The class was in Korean BTW.

taekwondo-busan.jpg 

taekwondo-busan.jpg

taekwondo-busan.jpg

Our last activity was to kick a piece of plywood into two.

taekwondo-busan.jpg

taekwondo-busan.jpg

They told us to hit using the front part of our feet but I hit my toe nail instead tsk tsk.. O_O

taekwondo-busan.jpg

taekwondo-busan.jpg

I was able to break it though haha. It didn't hurt that much and the pain eventually went away. (Just some body pain the next day.)

Everybody was able to do it - kick and split one to two pieces of wood =D

taekwondo-busan.jpg

k-clip-2014.jpg

k-clip-2014.jpg

We had a busy schedule to go all the way to Daegu next so they packed us this Korean Rice Ball Burger Bapbeogeo (oh ha, I read that hahaha)! I found one BonGousse 봉구스 밥버거 store in Nampodong!!


korean-rice-ball.jpg

It has moist rice, seaweed, tuna (I think), mayo, kimchi and some type of ham with cheese (coz it said Hem Chi Zu hahaha). You use a spoon to eat it on the go. Yum-yum :D

korean-rice-ball.jpg

Do you see the pattern? It usually ends in food hahaha. I guess I burned a lot of calories with this workout and all the walking here in Busan.. ;)

Taekwondo Class at the Hyo Rim Taekwondo Academy in Busan and Yummy Korean Rice Ball BonGousse 봉구스 밥버거!