Manila Hotel Staycation, Making My Travel Vision Board and a Bit of Cooking in My Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Serviced Apartment Suite in Pasig!

Every once in a while, I long for a staycation in Manila - some time alone to clear my mind and re-organize my plans to travel the world. I stayed for a weekend at my favorite Oakwood 1 BR suite in Ortigas. This time around I was able to make good use of my serviced apartment - whipped something up in the kitchen (again) and did my vision board for the coming year (yeap, I start in the middle of the year near my birthday hehe). I also brought along my makeup experiment kit to test out the vanity table and big bathroom for a short get-together with friends in Shangri-La. :) 

guiltless-getaways.jpg

Here's my en suite kitchen.

oakwood-hotel-pasig.jpg

This was my view while cookin' :) I've always thought about making this my model layout for my future pad hehe.

oakwood-hotel-pasig.jpg

There are little variations in the rooms but if you find anything missing that you'd like to use, you can always ask housekeeping. There's a washing machine in some. There's the standard big ref, microwave oven,

oakwood-hotel-pasig.jpg

dishwasher, pots, pans, microwavable containers,

oakwood-hotel-pasig.jpg

oven mittens, chopping board, knife,

oakwood-hotel-pasig.jpg

wooden spoons,

oakwood-hotel-pasig.jpg

a bunch of kitchenware,

oakwood-hotel-pasig.jpg

two sets of cutlery,

oakwood-hotel-pasig.jpg

bowls, strainers,

oakwood-hotel-pasig.jpg

cups, glassware,

oakwood-hotel-pasig.jpg

tongs (etc.), oven and an electric stove with exhaust. One important tip though is to bring dishwashing liquid and a sponge so that you can wash everything thoroughly before you use anything. ;) The Podium is just across and SM Megamall is near so you can buy the things you need there.

oakwood-hotel-pasig.jpg

I encountered a stumbling block at first coz I already forgot how to use their stove.. Haha. There was actually a manual folder for all the appliances and electronics in the room. The best thing would be to call housekeeping and ask (I didn't want to break anything) or have them already tell you how things work when you first step into the room (like the in-shower steam..) to make sure that it works also before you get settled.

oakwood-hotel-pasig.jpg

My late lunch was just gonna be easy. I brought with me steak, salt and pepper. Guess what I forgot? Cooking oil! *Toinks! Their pans were not non-stick. Good thing this was melts-in-your-mouth Meltique steak with awesome marbling hehehe. I actually used a bit of water (whatever just to keep it from burning) so i kinda like boiled it and let the water evaporate hihi. Well, it turned out great haha. I baked Manicotti (pasta dish pretty much filled with cheese!) last time I was here :)

oakwood-manila.jpg

If I stayed longer or planned to cook the next day, I would just asked them to do the groceries for me with this sheet ;)

oakwood-manila.jpg

Tada! I heated some quinoa with brown rice too in the pan. Attempting to be healthier hmm.

meltique-beef.jpg

I left my mini-mess in the kitchen to admire my couch. Note: If you don't know how to wash the dishes, cleaning up the kitchen is included in the apartment, as well as a turn-down service..

oakwood-hotel-pasig.jpg

I had a big TV here, another one in the bed and another in the tub and I was intent on using them all ;) There gave me a WiFi password for a set number of devices for my entire stay. I didn't even get to use my laptop and the working table because I was intent on relaxing haha.

oakwood-hotel-pasig.jpg

I got that high Oakwood square table I love so much (gotta have me one of those!) and just watched as I gobbled up my creation. Whenever I'm in hotel rooms, I'd still tune in to travel channels LOL. This is the life.

oakwood-manila.jpg

I love the king beds at Oakroom.

oakwood-hotel-pasig.jpg

After lying down and hugging pillows, I'm still left with so much space to spread out my day stuff. As I said, I planned on spending this day making my vision board and reading my book. As you can see, I was preoccupied with Korea since my next whole year will be devoted much to it if my grand plan comes to life. Soon, I hope to provide my readers with much more updated information and interesting sites. I also have a wish to learn Hangul formally in Korea soon (this July, in fact :))

oakwood-hotel-pasig.jpg

I spent the rest of the afternoon doing my vision board, kinda forgetting about that TV on the wall hehe. You see, I plugged my iPhone into the speaker and the rest of my day just melted away.

oakwood-hotel-pasig.jpg

Then, I remembered that i had to get ready for dinner haha. I haven't seen my friends for a while. They actually asked why I didn't just invite them over my weekend apartment! I actually just thought about it after they told me.. Sorry, Friends!!! Next time! I think all 10 of us can fit here for the par-tey and do some cookin' or the boys could do that :D 

oakwood-hotel-pasig.jpg

I managed to get the bath running so that I can finish "Life Without Limits" by Nick V. Awesome book and tub experience.

oakwood-hotel-pasig.jpg

I was supposed to use the steam in the shower but I couldn't get it working like my last stay and I was running a bit late already haha. That stool right there is the perfect spot if ever.

oakwood-hotel-pasig.jpg

It's better to do makeup here before the sun set.

oakwood-hotel-pasig.jpg

Oakwood is across the Asian Development Bank and just a few blocks away from Shangri-La Mall :) There's a parking spot for guests in Oakwood then you can just go in and out via car with validation of the parking ticket from the front desk. The entrance to the underground parking is at the back - parallel to ADB Avenue. It's quite a challenging drive down thru several levels though to a designated parking spot. Amateurs like me are bound to bump something haha.

Anyway, it was an awesome night with some exciting news from friends! Time flew by so fast :)

kettle-shangrila.jpg

I was back in my suite in no time with still more than 12 hours left.. I always request for late checkout if they can accommodate.

oakwood-manila.jpg

I was thinking of trying the indoor lap pool in the morning... if only I could get myself to wake up early, detach myself from this bed (I'd love to have this perfect round pillow in my future pad as well. I wonder where they got it...) and leave this room... Haha. Well, there's always a next time :D

meloy-co.jpg

17 ADB Avenue, Ortigas Center
Pasig City, Philippines
+63-2-6377888 / +63-2-910-8888
premiermanila@oakwoodasia.com

Oakwood Asia Pacific manages serviced apartments from all over Asia - Bangalor, Bangkok, Beijing, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Manila, Mumbai, New York, Pune, Seoul, Shanghai, Tokyo and more!

Read about my first Oakwood Joy~Nostalg Manila review