On Traveling Alone from Manila, Travel in the Philippines and to International Destinations

I'm so thrilled that airlines are beginning to see the importance of direct flights from Manila. More and more routes are being opened and most recently, as I told you earlier, carriers like AirAsia and Zestair have banded together, now as AirAsia Zest, to offer us competitive rates. As soon as the AirAsia Zest news came out, a wonderful move they made was to make sure that AirAsia Zest flies from Manila (NAIA Terminal 4 old domestic). So I don't have to bring my luggage all the way to Clark and I have more choices in terms of airlines. Travel blogging has opened the doors of solo travel for me. I enjoy it because I leave by myself then come home with new friends from all over the world. My AirAsia X Japan trip for one was an unforgettable moment where I met Malaysian friends. Traveling to Labuan Bajo, Indonesia for the Komodos, I brought home memories with new friends from Indonesia and Turkey. The latest Psy's Wiki Korea Tour was as exciting because I got to make friends with people from Korea, France, Indonesia, Singapore and China. I wonder where I'll be traveling to next? Haha. In light of recent events, here are the Top 4 ones that are on the top of my mind. 

Solo Flight! Fighting!

These are routes one can fly to from Manila via AirAsia Zest,

airasia-zest-logo.jpg
 You can book directly by clicking on their new logo above =D 
http://www.airasia.com/ph/
  • Domestic (Travel in the Philippines) - Cebu, Davao, Kalibo (Boracay), Puerto Princesa, Tagbilaran, Cagayan de Oro, Iloilo, Tacloban, Bacolod
  • International (Travel in Asia) - Kuala Lumpur, Kota Kinabalu, Shanghai, Incheon, Miri
If you're from Cebu then don't worry AirAsia Zest also just added 4 new direct flights from the Cebu International Airport to Kuala Lumpur, Puerto Princesa, Davao and Cagayan de Oro.

Places I've been to and super want to come back to alone (I love repeat travels):
1. Incheon, South Korea (ICN) - I just came back from the Wiki Korea Tour this year and yeah, the flame hasn't withered since 2009 hahaha. Because the schedule and all the shooting were so tight, I didn't get to visit some friends. Definitely going back there! Fighting! Wiki Korea Tour Part 2 haha and maybe meet up with Oppa Ricky Kim, Kevin and Hyerim again. KPOP! hihihi. Plus, Incheon is one of the best airports in the world ;)

The Wiki Korea Royal Family

2. Shanghai, China (PVG) - I'm Chinoy so I'm pretty proud of my heritage. I think it's a super wonderful place and cannot pass up to eat some xiao long bao and brush up on my Mandarin! Hahaha. Maybe I'll meet up with Wiki Korea Tour mate Lichee in Hangzhou and visit Chef Jonathan Wang of Oakwood (maybe he can cook for me and give me some more history lessons on Chinese Cuisine hehehe). 

I can't find my Shanghai Photos, that was ages ago before blogging and digital photos..

Place I've been to and also on my to-book list:
3. Davao (DVO) - My friend's getting married next year a day after my birthday so yeah, what a better way to spend it than with lots of love and travel. Would love to check out Samal Island and stare at Mt. Apo from a distance.. I miss the fresh air! Last time I was here, I didn't have too many photos! I'd better bring somebody. Haha.

Me Time at the People's Park

Place I've never been to:
4. Cagayan de Oro (CGY) - Adventure and near Camiguin! I'd love to explore a new place and push my body to the limits.

Space saved for future CDO trip ahaha.

I'll get to these places. One way or the other haha.

What about you? Where would you want to go among these destinations? Feel free to tell me below =D

27 comments:

  1. My Next trip plan is to go to Baguio. It would be very cold at the end of the year and I love that, Then I would like to go to sagada and visit the caves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where would you want to go next among these destinations? Korea :) a place to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to visit Korea with my family. I heard so many good things about Korea which I would love to experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Korea seems to be an interesting place, id like to go there

    ReplyDelete
  5. Puerto Princesa.
    I have been to Puerto Princesa but I need to return to fully experience the things I missed. The Subterranean River, Honda Bay, Doing a Food TRip at all the recomended restaurants. Beaching a lot. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to visit Cagayan de Oro and go to Camiguin. I've heard that this place is very nice and has delicious fruits hehe. I want to visit our famous places first before continuing my travel outside the country.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to visit Korea. I want to experience their culture, the sceneries full flowers and meet and be friends with koreans.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to go to Tacloban because my Tita Cha (well, she's not actually my real aunt because she's the ex-girlfriend of my Uncle), who had been my mentor and 2nd mother, is currently residing there. We've been apart for almost 4 years but to me it seems like forever so I really wanna see her and hug her real tight :')

    ReplyDelete
  9. i would like to go to korea ,the place really looks interesting to me

    ReplyDelete
  10. My wife and our little daughter would love to go to Hongkong Disneyland. We are from CDO! Welcome to the City of Golden Friendship soon...^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd really love Korea to be my next travel destination. Never been out of the country but I'm hoping that my mom would give it to me as a graduation gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would like to go to Puerto Princesa or Korea. Puerto Princesa has many things to offer while Korea is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely would like to visit CDO someday. Hello water rafting!! Would really like to try it.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. definitely korea! then go on a major make-up shopping spree. :))))

    ReplyDelete
  15. As a an early twenty something wanderer, I'd love to explore Korea along with a million other places :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. First things first , Ofcourse nothing beats our own country but if going abroad, I wanna go to Korea Too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wanna go to CDO.... Want to explore it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wanna go to DAVAO and seek anything there!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wanna explore Cagayan de oro and ahave a vacation here.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want still to go here, and choose CDO. Im intrigue on what it offers.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wanna go to DAvao! And surprise myself on what this place has to offer!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope I can travel to South Korea with my kids in the future. I would love to visit their historic sites and all the locations of my favorite Koreanovelas hehe.

    It was my first time to travel out of Luzon last October and there are so many places here in the Philippines but I would love to revisit my father's homeland, Misamis Oriental and Camiguin. Our day trip at Camiguin was bitin. I want to try out their Soda Pool and the several hot / cold springs they have and go back to White Island. waaaa I miss CDO and Camiguin... :(

    ReplyDelete
  23. I want to visit Davao, my firneds h ave been there and was thinking on visiting the place they said that they enjoy most.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would love to go to Korea! I want to see in person some of my favorite Korean actors and actresses! I will also go to there famous temples and palaces where most of the Korean movies and drama are usually shoot. I'm a super Korean drama fanatic...:-) Some of my friends are working there in Korea and visiting them this Christmas vacation is really a nice idea! :-) It's like celebrating the yuletide season early by having a trip outside the country and reuniting with my best buddies! For the local destination, I want to go to Davao! I've never been there and it will be my first time if ever! Visiting tourist spots like the Mount Apo and other historical places there will be one of my goals! Buying my favorite fruit, Pomelo, is secondary reason, plus I want to taste the Durian Fruit, that will surely be a great experience for me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. any suggestion about accomondation in manila for solo traveler?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aldo. Try MNL Hostel in Makati. I've tried the one in Boracay and I had fun.
      You can also try Go Hotels or Tune Hotel.

      Delete

Hi. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you =)