I'm so thrilled that airlines are beginning to see the importance of direct flights from Manila. More and more routes are being opened and most recently, as I told you earlier, carriers like AirAsia and Zestair have banded together, now as AirAsia Zest, to offer us competitive rates. As soon as the AirAsia Zest news came out, a wonderful move they made was to make sure that AirAsia Zest flies from Manila (NAIA Terminal 4 old domestic). So I don't have to bring my luggage all the way to Clark and I have more choices in terms of airlines. Travel blogging has opened the doors of solo travel for me. I enjoy it because I leave by myself then come home with new friends from all over the world. My AirAsia X Japan trip for one was an unforgettable moment where I met Malaysian friends. Traveling to Labuan Bajo, Indonesia for the Komodos, I brought home memories with new friends from Indonesia and Turkey. The latest Psy's Wiki Korea Tour was as exciting because I got to make friends with people from Korea, France, Indonesia, Singapore and China. I wonder where I'll be traveling to next? Haha. In light of recent events, here are the Top 4 ones that are on the top of my mind.
Solo Flight! Fighting!
| You can book directly by clicking on their new logo above =D |
- Domestic (Travel in the Philippines) - Cebu, Davao, Kalibo (Boracay), Puerto Princesa, Tagbilaran, Cagayan de Oro, Iloilo, Tacloban, Bacolod
- International (Travel in Asia) - Kuala Lumpur, Kota Kinabalu, Shanghai, Incheon, Miri
If you're from Cebu then don't worry AirAsia Zest also just added 4 new direct flights from the Cebu International Airport to Kuala Lumpur, Puerto Princesa, Davao and Cagayan de Oro.
Places I've been to and super want to come back to alone (I love repeat travels):
1. Incheon, South Korea (ICN) - I just came back from the Wiki Korea Tour this year and yeah, the flame hasn't withered since 2009 hahaha. Because the schedule and all the shooting were so tight, I didn't get to visit some friends. Definitely going back there! Fighting! Wiki Korea Tour Part 2 haha and maybe meet up with Oppa Ricky Kim, Kevin and Hyerim again. KPOP! hihihi. Plus, Incheon is one of the best airports in the world ;)
The Wiki Korea Royal Family
2. Shanghai, China (PVG) - I'm Chinoy so I'm pretty proud of my heritage. I think it's a super wonderful place and cannot pass up to eat some xiao long bao and brush up on my Mandarin! Hahaha. Maybe I'll meet up with Wiki Korea Tour mate Lichee in Hangzhou and visit Chef Jonathan Wang of Oakwood (maybe he can cook for me and give me some more history lessons on Chinese Cuisine hehehe).
I can't find my Shanghai Photos, that was ages ago before blogging and digital photos..
Place I've been to and also on my to-book list:
3. Davao (DVO) - My friend's getting married next year a day after my birthday so yeah, what a better way to spend it than with lots of love and travel. Would love to check out Samal Island and stare at Mt. Apo from a distance.. I miss the fresh air! Last time I was here, I didn't have too many photos! I'd better bring somebody. Haha.
Me Time at the People's Park
Place I've never been to:
4. Cagayan de Oro (CGY) - Adventure and near Camiguin! I'd love to explore a new place and push my body to the limits.
Space saved for future CDO trip ahaha.
I'll get to these places. One way or the other haha.
What about you? Where would you want to go among these destinations? Feel free to tell me below =D