My Most Unforgettable Travel Story to Date! The Wiki Korea Tour ASF Team in Seoul and Jeju Island with Oppa Ricky Kim, Kevin of ZE:A and Hyelim of the Wonder Girls!

A couple of days ago I got a surprise email! I got copies of the pictures from the Wiki Korea Tour. Wee! Thank you so much Oppa Intaek of CJ Entertainment for sending them over!!! The awesome photos without watermarks below is by Hweekang Kim of Star Studio =) As you may have noticed from my Facebook posts, I didn't get to take lots of pictures (compared to my other trips) because we were constantly filming. They said it (our reality show hahaha) is gonna be shown on Channel M next month yey! Here are some spoilers (hahaha) and so many candid/wonderful moments of that 7-day Wiki Korea trip with Buzz Korea and the Korean Tourism Organization. =D As you know, it was because of my first Korea trip that I started this blog more than 3 years ago. This year, I was given the opportunity of a lifetime to represent the Philippines for the Wiki Korea Tour, making this my fifth time to return to my favorite country. I've done so many things in my Things I Wanted to Do When I Go Back to Korea List so unexpectedly hehehe.

wiki-korea-tour.jpg

Wiki Korea Tour Day 1
First off was to get there via Korea's flag carrier Korean Air from Manila. Our managers ambushed us at the airport with cameras and surprise interviews. With no sleep from all the pre-trip excitement, I couldn't even remember what I said hahahaha.

wiki-korea-tour.jpg

I got to enjoy my awesome room home at the Lotte Hotel for a while and walk around Myeongdong for lunch.

wiki-korea-tour.jpg

Fourteen people flew to Korea from all over the world and converged at the KTO Seoul Office. We were given a very warm welcome by LOTS of people. Still pinching myself with everything that's happening at this point haha. Yellow Team vs. Blue Team! Haha. The other team went to Busan and had different experiences like KPOP. Looking forward to that next haha.

wiki-korea-tour.jpg

We met the Korean celebrities and formally filmed for the first time in front of the Seoul City Hall. Ace Seoul Fighting! = ASF Team ;)

wiki-korea-tour.jpg

My second attempt at an interview (lots more to follow) hahahaha. Keep calm and rock on!

wiki-korea-tour.jpg

Wiki Korea Tour Day 2
This was the start of the Blue Team All-Girl Bonding. Hehe. Below: Mathi of France, Nisa of Indonesia, Basmah of Saudi Arabia. Missing Rai of Singapore, Lichee and Sunny of China

wiki-korea-tour.jpg

We went to the Yongin Korean Folk Village, just an hour away outside of Seoul, and had an awesome time learning about Korean history, culture and many more through different Wiki Korea missions. Yongin is home to Everland, by the way, you may want to add this (Minsokchon) to your itinerary!!!

wiki-korea-tour.jpg

We played and made our own Jaegi to get coins for food! Haha.

wiki-korea-tour.jpg

We took selfies with expert Oppa Ricky Kim.

wiki-korea-tour.jpg

By night, we had so much fun with the meal and atmosphere at Suraon.

wiki-korea-tour.jpg


This is Kevin of ZE:A =)

wiki-korea-tour.jpg

ASF Family picture Suraon style. =)

wiki-korea-tour.jpg

Had my long-time dream empress moment too hahaha. We watched performances  like royalty here while eating a 10-course meal =D

wiki-korea-tour.jpg

Wiki Korea Tour Day 3
We went to the Seoul Folk Flea Market and found all sorts of random stuff haha.

wiki-korea-tour.jpg

We made a traditional Korean mask, ate some Tteokpokki in the afternoon 

wiki-korea-tour.jpg

then whisked away to Jeju in the evening =)

wiki-korea-tour.jpg


Wiki Korea Tour Day 4
Jeju-do!

wiki-korea-tour.jpg  

So many things happened on that day starting with Sunrise Peak, cancelling our Udo Island trip because of the rain,

wiki-korea-tour.jpg 

alternate TrickEye Museum visit, awesome Glass House lunch view, Olle Gil preview

wiki-korea-tour.jpg

and played Running Man on a Jeju Beach!!! There was a yummy Samgyeopsal dinner and all-night noraebang (karaoke hihi) too! =D

wiki-korea-tour.jpg

Wiki Korea Tour Day 5
Our day started late in Hongdae! Really loving the arts and crafts part of this trip hahaha.

wiki-korea-tour.jpg

We made our Mustoys first hehe. =P


wiki-korea-tour.jpg


Oppa Ricky surprised us by taking us to 8ight Seconds, a big local Korean clothing store, to go shopping!!!

wiki-korea-tour.jpg

Because it's Bulgeum-time!!! That's Fire Friday in Seoul =)

wiki-korea-tour.jpg

Then Pojongmacha-time after haha. Yumyum!


wiki-korea-tour.jpg


Wiki Korea Tour Day 6
The trip was almost over. Sniff sniff! I had so many memories and met so many friends who love Korea as much as I do. Fighting ASF Team to the end! =)

wiki-korea-tour.jpg


It was the trip that just kept on giving. Thank you so much for the opportunity, Buzz Korea and KTO! Kamsamnida!

wiki-korea-tour.jpg


The last surprise was meeting Ms. Park Sul Nyeo and getting to wear her gift - that handmade hanbok that I brought back to Manila with me. 

wiki-korea-tour.jpg


Once upon a time, I dreamed to go back to Korea. This year, the year is not yet over and I want to go back to Korea again. Hehe. This 2013, 7 people from different walks of life and from different nations met in Seoul, formed the ASF Team and went to Seoul and Jeju with Oppa Ricky, Kevin of ZE:A, Lim of the Wonder Girls and the Wiki Korea Team. They had so many unforgettable Korea moments, learned more about Korea and new Korean words, met so many new Korean friends and made a promise to go back again. SOON =) Love you, Guys!!!

Until the next Korea posts! I'll give you more detailed posts so that you can follow our itinerary. There are lots more little things that happened during this trip hehe. =)


26 comments:

  1. The post gave me goosebumps becase of all the lovely memories melody~ <3 Miss you guys so much and I wish you all the best for this contest~~ 사랑해영~ ^___^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diyana! It was so nice to meet you! How's busan? hehe. Hope to travel with you next time!!!

      Delete
  2. So far my best unforgettable travel story is when I had my first ever trip to Baguio all by myself that I won an staycation for overnight! :) Thrilling and at the same time excited because it's my ever solo trip I've done so far! Before my trip to Baguio I checked the baguio vicinity map. And I had fun! Tho it's hard when you're travelling and wandering alone and no one can take a picture of you but yourself. HAHAHAAH! But it was all good, nice experience for me. I had a safe travel thou.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far my best unforgettable travel story is when I had my first ever trip to Baguio all by myself that I won an staycation for overnight! :) Thrilling and at the same time excited because it's my ever solo trip I've done so far! Before my trip to Baguio I checked the baguio vicinity map. And I had fun! Tho it's hard when you're travelling and wandering alone and no one can take a picture of you but yourself. HAHAHAAH! But it was all good, nice experience for me. I had a safe travel thou.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My most unforgettable travel story is when I went to Turkey! I feel like the country is a hidden treasure just waiting to be found. It was more beautiful than what we see in the pictures. I felt like I needed to take a picture of every place because I wanted to keep a memory of them with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. most memorable, almost can't make it to Seoul because the expiry date on my visa is January 2006 instead of 2007 (issue date December 2006, typo error)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i havent travel abroad but my most memorable travel trip is on baguio with my family,we watch the festival and pick some strawberries

    ReplyDelete
  7. My unforgettable travel story is when me and my mom went to our province in camarines sur. That was the first time that i ride on airplane. My mom celebrate her birthday on our province together with my grandmother which my mom didn't seen for a long time. That was my birthday gift for my mom to celebrate her birthday with her mother. That was my unforgettable travel with my mom. Seeing her happy makes me happy too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My unforgetable travel story is when we went to baguio for winning 2 days and 1 night that was my best moment and my best birthday and unforgetable travel moment

    ReplyDelete
  9. My unforgetable Travel Story is when i first time to go to Boracay because it also my first time to board a Plane. we enjoy the place and we have Fun in Boracay.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My unforgettable travel story is when me, my mom & my 2 brothers went on a trip in HongKong. It was our first time to travel and went on a shopping-spree. This was like our moving-on stage after a year that my father died. We had so much fun and took a lot of pictures as our souvenirs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My most unforgettable memory would be the same one as yours Melody ! <3 I really miss you girls, and I hope we'll be able to travel together again soon !!! Wiki World Tour starts NOW ! Love <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. My unforgettable travel story is when my family and neighbors went to Quezon province. We enjoy swimming and playing volleyball. It made us close to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My unforgettable travel story is when we went to Hundred Islands with my family. As my Auntie will come out from the boat, our Tour guide assist her and because of her heavy weight, they fell together and she keeps on laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My unforgettable travel story was when my husband and I went to tagaytay to spent our honeymoon there. It was his first time to go there and so i was excited for him.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My most unforgettable travel story was when my whole family traveled via a cruise ship via Royal Carribean as a 18th birthday gift for me! We have 3 destinations there including Penang, Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Phuket, Thailand! It was an awesome experience since it is our first time to ride a cruise ship! We definitely have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i haven't travel in abroad yet,but my unforgettable travel story was when we go to Pangasinan due to our college community subject..in there we experience the brown out the heavy rain while we are conducting a survey and while we are in are adopted family to give some health advice..

    ReplyDelete
  17. My most unforgettable travel story was when we traveled to HK. My family was already inside the immigration line while me I was interrogated by the HK immigration officer because I've erased something on my sheet and he wasn't able to understand my reasons but then he let me passed. Thank God Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow, I'm green with envy with your Wiki Korea Tour. I could see that you guys had a great time.

    My unforgettable travel story is Hong Kong-Macau year 2000. That was my family's 1st ever out of the country trip. I could still remember how we were both nervous & excited at the same time. =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. My unforgettable story is when we went to Baguio last April. We had fun. It was our second time there. We stayed at Mile Inn. I love the weather in Baguio. It really is cold there. I love the strawberry farm in La Trinidad. And hey you guys should try to eat in Slaughterhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  20. My most memorable travel story would be the 10 day trip we took up north, La Union, Baguio and etc. It was unforgetable because we were travelling on a budget trying to find the cheapest hotels and food joints.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My most unforgettable travel story was when I was bound for Dumaguete for a writing seminar of college students. On our way to Dumaguete, the van that we rode on, had an accident. I was one of the unlucky passengers. I literally went to the E.R of a local hospital for my lower lip to be stitched back. I had also a lot of bruises on my face. Even though, I encountered that accident, I managed to continue my travel. I actually didn't want to go back home because I know my parents wouldn't allow me to have another travel by myself and they would be worried. I went to the seminar and guess what? They gave me a special treatment. haha I was eating same food that they served for the speakers and I was recognized because I had a tough spirit. haha Aside from the special treatment, I enjoyed the visit to different places in Dumaguete,. :) I also had a week vacation to visit my Papa's relatives, who were living near Duamguete and also, I had enough time to heal my wounds from the accident. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. My most unforgettable travel story is when me,my cousin and a friend went to singpore. It's my first time to go to another country, so im really excited with it. We stay in SG for a month,and i only have $200 dollars in my pocket (thanks to some friends who sponsor our accomodation and help us survived there) so we experienced everything about heir cultures and lifestyle there.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I must say the most unforgettable travel I had was last 2009 when I was given a chance to tour Europe for 3 months. It was a short stay to the place where my mom is living right now, The Netherlands, and I had lots of discoveries worth remembering, about their culture, their hospitality, the beauty of the different places I've been to around Holland. What made my stay more awesome was that aside from Holland, mama and step dad did tour me other 4 different neighboring countries which is just equally lovely to Holland. Let's just say it's the greatest time of my life because in 3 months time I've to Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg, Poland aside from Holland. I feel like crying while typing this. ='D

    ReplyDelete
  24. my friend and i rode a sleeper bus in cambodia. we didn't expect it to be that crowded. they're non-english speakers so we had a very hard time telling the driver that we needed to pee

    ReplyDelete
  25. i will go to korea this coming december 26 and i will stay for 5 days, thank you for posting ur great experience..

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you =)