Looking for a Hotel in HK? Layover in Hong Kong? Check Out My Regal Airport Hotel Review

Ever watched Anthony Bourdain's The Layover? In that show, he will spend the 24 to 48 hours roaming around the city for most out of his trip. Well, this felt like The Layover. Unlike him though, I will most likely enjoy the whole time in the hotel if I'm already too tired and just come back again hahaha. Our Cathay Pacific flight from Sapporo, Japan was delayed due to the bad weather in Hong Kong and it was the first time I got left by a plane to Manila hihi. Of course, there's no room to be upset - it's safety first and I got to spend the night in a hotel again hehe. I stayed at the Regal Airport Hotel in Hong Kong, just a 5- to 10-minute walk away from the airport (perfect for our morning flight)! Please take into consideration my suggestions if ever you're looking into staying at this hotel in Hong Kong. =)

regal-airport-hotel-hong-kong.jpg


You would have to go out the immigration for the layover then just follow the signs (right side when you go out).


regal-airport-hotel-hong-kong.jpg

You don't have to go out of the airport building and you'll have a roof over your head (and airconditioning) at all times.


regal-airport-hotel-hong-kong.jpg

A view from the airport building window - looks far but not really.

regal-airport-hotel-hong-kong.jpg

Just a bit of a walk lugging your carry-on to the connecting walkway.


regal-airport-hotel-hong-kong.jpg

Turns out - it wasn't just an airport hotel. It's also a big meeting and conference center so there are lots of rooms.


regal-airport-hotel-hong-kong.jpg

Check-in was fast and the staff can speak great English. Check out their mileage rewards partners if you want to stay here.


regal-airport-hotel-hong-kong.jpg

One special feature if you stay here is a live flight status board for international arrivals and departures in the lobby. 


regal-airport-hotel-hong-kong.jpg

There were non-smoking floors and an executive floor with a view! The hotel had so many rooms and different wings so we went on separate other end elevators.

regal-airport-hotel-hong-kong.jpg

We were given a big triple room, complete with comfy beds, a sofa and a dining table for 4. This was such a welcome change after you’ve spent some time in Japanese hotel rooms!

regal-airport-hotel-hong-kong.jpg

The bathroom was also bigger than those in Japan although you might miss the ingenious Japanese heated toilets and automatic buttons haha. =)

regal-airport-hotel-hong-kong.jpg  

regal-airport-hotel-hong-kong.jpg

We had a couch area aside from the dining table.

regal-airport-hotel-hong-kong.jpg

There's a working table, mini bar, ref and cable TV.

regal-airport-hotel-hong-kong.jpg

regal-airport-hotel-hong-kong.jpg

One major concern when you stay this hotel was the lack of free WIFI. The room had LAN and WIFI but you would have to pay for an hourly rate. It was free in the lobby.


regal-airport-hotel-hong-kong.jpg 

regal-airport-hotel-hong-kong.jpg

Anyway, they understood part of their market – stranded guests with no luggage haha. The toiletries were okay and there was a hair dryer (also complimentary water) in the room. I would have appreciated some facial wash and cotton buds though.


regal-airport-hotel-hong-kong.jpg

regal-airport-hotel-hong-kong.jpg

There were also robes and slippers if you were short of clothes like me hehehe.

regal-airport-hotel-hong-kong.jpg

The shower was great with both hot & cold. My only other concern was the half glass shower cover, which wasn’t enough (so I got the floor all wet still, a curtain would have been nice).

regal-airport-hotel-hong-kong.jpg

I ended the night watching English travel shows (Nat Geo Adventure) and Bloomberg (Warren Buffet bio hehe).

regal-airport-hotel-hong-kong.jpg

I took the time to write this post (without internet) and charged my devices. There were around 2 outlets available with this Hong Kong 3-pin outlet (there was an adapter).

regal-airport-hotel-hong-kong.jpg


My View:
regal-airport-hotel-hong-kong.jpg

If WIFI is not your concern, if you’re a heavy sleeper and if you want to avoid waking up early for your flight, then the Regal Airport Hotel right next to the Hong Kong International Airport (HKIA) might be a good option for you if you’re looking for an airport hotel in HK. As for me, I had mixed feelings about getting a good sleep as I had a bit of problem with a noisy neighbor (who kept on shouting plus opening and closing the door at 3 a.m.), a very cold room I couldn’t seem to control (even with a temperature controller) and occasional airplane noise due to its proximity to the airport (I believe HKIA is a 24-hour airport so a flight comes every few minutes). But then again, maybe it’s part excitement or the Dong Nai Cha (Milk Tea from Maxim’s) keeping me awake too..


regal-airport-hotel-hong-kong.jpg

Ah, this is the life. I like being stranded haha. I don’t have to go out and I get to really enjoy the room. I would just have to know my rights better next time and do everything I can to get a later flight! 

Hotel Details:
Regal Airport Hotel Meeting & Conference Center Hong Kong
Website


Looking for a Hotel in HK? Layover in Hong Kong? Check Out My Regal Airport Hotel Review!