Behind the Scenes, Zambales Pop Talk TV Shoot! Crystal Beach Resort, Pop na Pop!


It was a long, long day filled with surprises, nerves, bloopers and excitement. The GMA TV11 hit local TV show Pop Talk took 3 people to Zambales as travel reviewers! I learned so much and actually got to experience the life behind the camera, something that I don’t normally think of when I watch the final edited versions on television. I was there as a traveler and I was present to the wealth of wonders that my passion for travel has taken me. Above all, I met another set of friends who share the same interests. I also took home wonderful memories that I will probably never forget anytime soon.

zambales-crystal-beach-resort-surfing-capones-white-rock.jpg

Here are some behind the scenes from the shoot =) The call time was really early at 3 a.m. I met my fellow co-reviewer Vince on the van and we talked about travel non-stop until we were half-way and realized we still hadn’t slept haha. 

Just a boat ride away from Punta de Uian Resort was Nagsasa Cove, Anawangin Cove and Capones Island.

zambales-crystal-beach-resort-surfing-capones-white-rock.jpg

Mental note for next time: The black sand was too hot on my feet. Black sand = absorbs more heat than lighter-colored sand.

zambales-crystal-beach-resort-surfing-capones-white-rock.jpg

Time flew by so fast and I was on the board - surfing for the first time.

zambales-crystal-beach-resort-surfing-capones-white-rock.jpg

I never would have conquered this fear without the wonderful kuyas and this opportunity at Crystal Beach Resort.

zambales-crystal-beach-resort-surfing-capones-white-rock.jpg

I got on that board and surfed like there's no tomorrow. Without this Pop Talk challenge, I wouldn't even have gone into the water and rode the waves - at least not anytime soon.

We got to the White Rock Resort in the evening and we didn't get to try much of the activities. I believe it would have made a difference in the review if we got there sooner, got to try the artificial surf pool or if we stayed overnight. We played some billiards, bowling and had some time left for an awesome activity - night swimming (with kayak and shooting hoops).

zambales-crystal-beach-resort-surfing-capones-white-rock.jpg

When I look back, the best moments were spent not thinking about how I look like on TV and what people would say.

zambales-crystal-beach-resort-surfing-capones-white-rock.jpg

It's when I spent a few minutes snorkeling and sitting down on the rock formation in Caponesgrazing my shin in the corals, jumping in the pool at Punta de Uian Resort and bruising my foot again, having a good old Filipino lunch at Crystal Beach Resort,

zambales-crystal-beach-resort-surfing-capones-white-rock.jpg

learning to surf with the Coaches and learning to let go of the nerves.

zambales-crystal-beach-resort-surfing-capones-white-rock.jpg

It's standing on the board for the first time and many more times after that, tumbling over and over the soft sand and still managing to smile and getting back up again.

zambales-crystal-beach-resort-surfing-capones-white-rock.jpg

It's slumping and resting on White Rock Resort's big bed after a full day even for a while, having some carefree night swimming time with my new friends at the 4 feet pool, talking about travel and adventures the whole day and feeling groggy but happy at 3 a.m. even if the shoot in Zambales ended at 12 midnight. Haha.

zambales-crystal-beach-resort-surfing-capones-white-rock.jpg

Catch this episode of Pop Talk tonight on GMA TV11 at around 10 p.m. and you’ll head to Zambales soon! Stop dreaming and start living =)

Update: Here's a snippet for this unforgettable adventure in Zambales and the best part of the day!

  

Happy travels!

Share in the comments below: Have you ever been on TV or on the radio? Did you watch this episode of Pop Talk?! Have you ever gone surfing? If yes, when did you first surf and where? How was it? What is your favorite surfing spot in the Philippines and abroad? I'd love to hear about you!

Behind the Scenes, Zambales Pop Talk TV Shoot! Crystal Beach Resort, Pop na Pop!

27 comments:

  1. Wow!Can't wait to watch this episode.
    I think Pop Talk is on GMA TV Channel 11.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariene! I can't wait too!!! haha. Yes, it's GMA Channel 11 =)

      Delete
  2. gabi-gabi ba ipinapalabas ang Pop Talk sa GMA TV? gusto rin kita makita sa TV :-) at mga activities ninyo. sa radio interview mo kasi medyo malayo yung cam:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi veta! i know it's weekly and tonight's show with us just aired on the news TV of GMA yung channel 11. lemme ask for a video so that u get to see zambales and our reviews =)

      Delete
    2. Wow..thanks for posting the video. di ko napanood sa TV. NewsTV lang kami if morning and afternoon.
      I don't know how to swim kaya hanggang hawak lang ako sa surf board:-). Kunwari galing surfing :-). Sa CloudNine, General Luna, Siargao ako nakihawak ng surfboard.

      Delete
  3. ate ikaw na talga weeee ang saya naman nun POP na POP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. weeee!!! ang saya talaga!!! sarap pumunta ng zambales =)

      Delete
  4. Congrats. Great show! Sana more to come na TV guestings :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gee! Thanks! Sana nga! Iba pa rin yung live dun mas exciting at mas mahaba ang araw haha. =)

      Delete
  5. Yes napanood ko nga kagabi sabi ko parang pamilyar yung si melody..then Boom! ikaw na nga galing mo nga mag comment eh at talagang na enjoy nyo..lagi din kasi nood ng POPTALK favorite ko yun eh..basta every tuesday POPTALK!
    congrats!..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mayla! Thanks for watching and your comment =) I love the travel and food editions of POPTALK!!!

      Delete
  6. sabi ko na nga ba ikaw yun e! while watching parang si melody co un! yng blogger na pina follow ko.. :)
    nice one! sarap ng experience! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha! thank you for watching miaka and for dropping me a line =)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Hi Reydan! we have a new term Pop na Pop! hahaha.

      Delete
  8. hi melody! saw you last night on pop talk when I turned the TV on at around 10:30pm. When I saw you, I immediately recognized you and I was like "kilala ko to ah! I follow this blogger online!" Hahaha... CHEERS! Hope you'll have more TV guestings soon! Ang saya ng trip nyo! More power!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yey! thanks for watching =) cheers to more guestings! =)

      Delete
  9. Did you watch this episode of Pop Talk?!
    - Yeah. Gusto ko na tuloy matuto mag surfing :(
    Have you ever gone surfing? Nope.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, I haven't been on TV, and i know almost everyone wants to be on TV too, just like you. It's great adventure.
    But i haven't watch this episode im a forever Kapuso but it's accidental sometime i watch POPtalk/news TV.
    Deng! i envy you. i haven't try surfing yet, but it's one thing i want to do before i'll die. Ima fan of billabong clothing, and billabong events, I always browse their pictures of surfers playing with waves. It's a lot of fun i think.
    I heard, Surigao is one of the best place to surf in Philippines. You know, surfing is for rich as i will always think, i pity myself for not qualifying that one requirement haha! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ako fan ng roxy n billabong hahaha.

      surfing is actually not that expensive in my opinion. and you always have the option to rent boards (actually usually kasama na cya sa instructor fee) and do trials to see if you like it ;)

      Delete
  11. I haven't been on tv and radio. XD Pero I do enjoy watching about travels, tsaka out of town adventure. :)) Yes I've watched the episode ng poptalk zambales trip with Jackie Rice, I haven't try surfing ever since. :( If I'm given a chance makapag-surf I'll do it! Anything outdoor activities na mag-eenjoy ako. If ever may chance makapag out of town i wanna go to, zambales, Camsur, Baler any province may do na hindi ko pa napupuntahan! :)) Kaka-inspire lang like you na maging travel blogger! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hihi ako rin panay travel shows ang pinapanood sa tv =)

      one thing that's great about some of our surfing spots, it's pretty accessible by car or bus from manila so invite your friends and go do that trip!!!

      Delete
  12. I've never been into radio or tv but I think it is a great experience. Also, I haven't try surfing since Im not really an adventurous person in terms of water thingy. Hahahha Im really scared with water. I dont know how to swim and I cant manage my self in big bodies of water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was scared at first but then when you think about it, if you go surfing you go to the shore (pababaw from malalim) ;) kung malaglag ka, abot kamay most of the time ;) wag lang sa mabato hehe. that's why i like this zambales location than la union also.

      Delete
  13. I have been a guest from several TV shows and hang out at radio stations before. Haven't watched that Poptalk episode. I haven't tried surfing with a surf board yet tough I would try if I get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have you ever been on TV or on the radio? - Yes, ages ago when I was a boxing gym freak and I got ambushed by peeps from GamePlan (now defunct show)

    Have you ever gone surfing? - How I wish! I would love to try it some day, preferrably in Baler, Aurora. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. natawa naman ako sa ambush hahahaha. buti pala ako a few days before hahaha.

      Delete

Hi. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you =)