I stayed at the Hotel Vista Grande in Osaka for 3 nights during my 7-day Japan trip. I rate it 3 out of 5 stars by my standards when it comes to staying at a 3-star and up hotel for the amenities, proximity to public transportation and location at the heart of the Osaka shopping experience. Do take note not to have bulky luggages when staying here. Cars cannot get in the road where the Hotel Vista Grande is located. You would have to walk in and out. The hotel just opened so there might still be room to add on other amenities for their guests.
My Room and Amenities
- My room was a 25.5 square-meter Twin Room.
- I stayed with my roommate and we each had our own beds. My twin room bed can probably fit just 1.5 “me”s.
- I love the bed linens they used but the pillows are a little too fluffy for me.
- I wasn’t able to use these but there was a TV, hotel slippers and a small fridge.
- You can see the bathroom from a window in the room. I’ve seen this see-through design in another hotel in Japan. Just remember to pull down the silver blinds and you can carry on with your bath.
Toilet & Sink
Japan is known for heated toilets and it is available at the Hotel Vista Grande Osaka as well as a hot & cold shower with a bathtub. The toilet seat comes with a built-in bidet and side buttons.
The sink is just above the toilet and beside the bath area. They also included a hair dryer, some toiletries and a phone.
Internet Access & Outlets
- You have to stay at the lobby for a free WIFI access if you are a guest. There are two computers there. They won’t charge you and you can always find a spot in their lobby sofas to wait.
- You can also ask for a LAN cable for internet in your room.
- They have a few electrical outlets in the room. Japan uses the same 2-pin outlets in the US.
- Airport transfers – You can take the Kansai Airport Limousine to the JR Namba Station (880 Yen). It will take you around 50 minutes to get there from the Kansai International Airport then 10 more minutes of walking to the hotel.
- It takes around 43 minutes via Airport Express to the Nankai Railway Namba Station then another 8 to 15 minutes to walk to this hotel from the Kansai International Airport. You will pay 890 Yen (per Adult) to get there via the Airport Express. We took this route to the airport.
- If you’re coming from the Osaka International airport, refer to the picture below.
- The hotel is around 15 minutes away from Nankai Namba Station and 10 minutes away from the JR Namba Station.
- Cars cannot get in the road where the Hotel Vista Grande is located. You would have to walk in.
- The hotel is at the heart of Shinsaibashi but we had to go down near Doutonbori Street and walk all the way the hotel.
Special Features of this Hotel
- The hotel is a stone throw’s away from all the food and the ultimate shopping area.
- The hotel just opened and it’s squeaky clean. They also have a spacious lobby.
- I love having breakfast at Barkt because of the feel of this hotel restaurant.
- You can reserve directly through the Hotel Vista Grande website http://www.hotel-vista.jp/osaka/index_e.html
Rated as 4-star in Expedia
5-15, Soemon-cho, Cho-ku, Osaka, Japan 542-0084
Check-in 3:00 p.m.
Price: I checked Expedia. The discounted room rates for this hotel are at the $126 to $130 range per night per room although only the standard single, double and twin room types are available. Check the official Hotel Vista Grande Osaka website for the range of my room and the upper floors.
Hotel Vista Grande Osaka is just a block away from this sight.