Lotte Hotel Buyeo Resort Condominium Luxury Suite Review - Overnight Stay in Chungcheongnam-do!

One of the hotels I've had a pleasure of staying at during my recent Korea trip was the Lotte Hotel in Buyeo. I enjoyed some leisure strolling at night after our day at the Haemi Fortress and the Solmoe Holy Ground in Chungnam. We travelled to Buyeo to check out a UNESCO heritage site the next morning (which was only 10 minutes away from this resort). Many thanks to the Provincial Government of Chungnam, the tourism representatives and the Korea Tourism Organization Daejeon - Chungcheongnam-do Group for this opportunity to experience a Korean-style condominium - my first experience of this was at a popular ski destination Daemyung Resort Sorak in Mt. Seorak near Seoul and Everland. This is a popular countryside accommodation alternative / option for local families and a group of friends. Let me show you around ;)

lotte-buyeo.jpg 

The Lotte hotels haven't disappointed so far, esp. the one in Myeongdong for the Wiki Korea Tour. I saw this hotel online and was impressed with the design and amenities.

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

Check-in was fast. 

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

We had to carry our loot and baggages to the elevators in the adjacent building to get to our rooms.

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

Here are the layouts of the available rooms. I got the Suite 31 ;) They gave us key cards and meal coupons. One of my tips would have to be requesting for a room near the elevator because the hallway floor is carpeted (it's hard to roll luggage...).

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

I loved the pine tree smell all around... This condo-style room comes with traditional Korean floor comforters and modern hotel beds in another part of the suite. 

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

There's a kitchen sink (no pots, pans and plates), 2 bottles of complimentary water and a small ref. There's no safety box but there's an emergency mask.

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

This is one of the rooms with pillows and blankets in the drawer.

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

You change your slippers twice - once in the entrance and the other when you enter the bathroom. They have 2 bathrooms and this is next to the floor room. It has a shower, sink and toilet.

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

The dining room sits 4.

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

Then you pass by the living room with TV (only local channels, occassional with English, good place to pack) and airconditioning. 

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

I chose to spend the night in one of these fluffy single beds. Hehe. There's no TV here though.

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

There's another door that leads to the sala and this room comes with a balcony.

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

One of the differences between this bathroom and the first one is the bathtub.  This one is also bigger but the tub is a bit slippery and the water spills to the floor because of the tub design. Maybe the one outside is better with just the hot shower. The toilets have a bidet and auto-flushes. Toiletries are available but bring your own toothbrush ;)

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

I love the living room and as I said earlier, it's a good place to pack (I was on the floor haha) while watching KPOP and X Factor hehehe. I had so many gifts and reading material to take home by this point in the trip to put in my teeny luggage haha. The room has a lot of outlets but all in Korean roundpin so make sure to bring your adapters.

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

I went out for a stroll by myself once I was settled :) The night view is really nice with the traditional installation out front.

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

If I had more energy, I would go check out the amusement area with convenience store, the pools with artificial waves, the Aqua Garden and sauna (all with extra payments) :)

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

I headed outside to take in the pine trees and hanok-like architecture again.

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

They named it 百想园 or in my rough translation "A Hundred Thoughts Garden or Park" which was so fitting for what I was feeling at that moment. I wish we had more than one night here to explore the area.

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

Finally, here's my room (around 6 people can fit in there comfortably), a sampling of my breakfast and the hotel at daylight.

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg 

I saw that there are only 3 hotels/resorts available in the area and the Lotte Hotel Buyeo is on the top of the list ;) There were a lot of families while we were there. Buyeo is an ancient kingdom that was once a center of the Baekje Dynasty and they are actually holding the Baekje Cultural Festival now (end of September to early October)!

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg

Random trip thought: My mother always prefers to be above ground in a bus or car instead of subways and planes. Sometimes, I couldn't help but agree with her. I treasure those times when I catch a lovely sight, more so when my camera's shutter is able to capture an image despite the speedy bus. The long drive becomes not boring at all. If you want to go on a Buyeo cultural tour, you might want to check out these courses by land arrangement ;)

lotte-buyeo-resort.jpg

Lotte Hotel Buyeo Resort Condominium Luxury Suite Overnight Stay in Chungcheongnam-do!

Hotel Details:
Lotte Buyeo Resort Review (롯데부여리조트)
충청남도 부여군 규암면 백제문로 400
400, Baekjemun-ro, Gyuammyeon, 
Buyeo-gun, Chungcheongnam-do
Site