Things to Do in Apulit Island Resort - Day 3 Activities at El Nido Resorts Palawan

I believe a major difference between Miniloc / Lagen island Resort to Apulit Island Resort (all operated by El Nido Resorts) is that when you stay at the latter, almost all the days will be spent on the island itself because of the numerous activities available to do at your own schedule (you can even arrange for guides a day before, sometimes on the day itself). This is the third and last installment of my trip where we did a beach picnic, kayaking, snorkeling, a daredevil limestone climbing stunt, rapelling and a bit more.

apulit-island.jpg

With the crystal clear waters this side of Palawan, I can't help but look out into the water surrounding our cottage from the time I wake up. Sometimes, I'd see a black-tip shark and colorful marine creatures swimming about...

el-nido-resorts-apulit.jpg

Apulit-view.jpg

For family time, we took a short boatride to one side of Apulit Island with a small beach.

el-nido-resorts-apulit.jpg

el-nido-resorts-apulit.jpg

The long table was already set up with a bountiful picnic lunch from main course to dessert.

el-nido-resorts-apulit.jpg

el-nido-resorts-apulit.jpg

el-nido-resorts-apulit.jpg

The kayaks were free to use and we came with life vests, snorkelling gear and guides.

el-nido-resorts-apulit.jpg

el-nido-resorts-apulit.jpg

When we got back, I headed to the rappelling area near the dining area.

Apulit-rappelling.jpg

We were given harnesses, gloves and Chucks for this. The anti-nognog rashguard and yoga pants are mine. I felt like Lara Croft haha.

Apulit-rappelling.jpg

The rappelling area is located near the farthest cottages (next to the dining area and pool).

Apulit-rappelling.jpg

apulit-island-resort.jpg

apulit-island-resort.jpg

Of course, in order to rappel down, there's this painstaking and treacherous way up.

Apulit-rappelling.jpg

Sharp limestone (cliffs/peaks) and you have to carefully clip and drag your carabiner (strapped to your waist) every few feet to save yourself in case you fell.

Apulit-rappelling.jpg

Apulit-view.jpg

Long pants, socks and arm covers are necessary, at least that's what I think to have at least one layer of protection from scrapes.

Apulit-view.jpg

Apulit-rappelling.jpg

You would need upper and lower body strength.

Apulit-rappelling.jpg

Apulit-rappelling.jpg

And avoid looking down is a very good idea...

Apulit-rappelling.jpg

Apulit-rappelling.jpg

This was the view from the top and it was great.

Apulit-view.jpg

Of course, there's this part when I didn't want to go down anymore.


Apulit-view.jpg

I was not that confident with every carabiner switch I did and I died every time from worrying. This is probably not a great activity for older people and your young ones.

Apulit-rappelling.jpg

We've reached the cross on top and my nervous smile isn't that obvious here haha.

Apulit-rappelling.jpg

The task that lay ahead was a make or break point. I was waiting for my turn while admiring Kuya's skills... How can he stand on the edge like that?!

Apulit-rappelling.jpg

I couldn't even see the bottom...

Apulit-rappelling.jpg

I was waiting sideways and slant with jelly legs and holding the rocks like they were my lifeline..

Apulit-rappelling.jpg

Apulit-rappelling.jpg

I think they should replace the gloves and Chucks with newer ones honestly but it wouldn't take long to be in this state again.

Apulit-rappelling.jpg

Apulit-rappelling.jpg

I was wondering what I feared most at that time. Kayaking with baby black-tip sharks didn't seem appealing to me either.. But I would never get these views from the ground.

Apulit-view.jpg

Apulit-rappelling.jpg

And so, I shot one last photo and took the plunge... I made it back safe and spent the rest of the night in the pool again, eating the resort buffet dinner and star gazing :) My roomie did the eco trail with a guide somewhere in the island so you can do that too.

Apulit-view.jpg

We woke up early te next morning for the sunset but it was too cloudy.Sunrise came at around 6:18 a.m. that day.

apulit-island.jpg

The boat circled us around the island and we saw the caves available for guests.

apulit-island.jpg

This one, you can go and have a picnic inside I think, but it wasn't season when we went there (water level too high or amihan or something).

apulit-island.jpg

We passed by the beach where we had our picnic.

apulit-island.jpg

We were on the hunt for turtles 

Palawan-turtle.jpg

Palawan-turtle.jpg

and we saw one! :)

Palawan-turtle.jpg

apulit-island.jpg

Here are the family-style rooms I talked about in the last post.

apulit-island.jpg

apulit-island.jpg

In the end, I think I would be fine just staying in and lounging around my water cottage haha. That's the one nearest the dock. See it? Hehe. All activities here are optional and already included in the full-board rates like the other El Nido Resorts (Ayala group) properties in Palawan anyway. Now it is all up to you on how you want to spend your days and customize your trip to paradise. To each his own :)