El Nido Resorts Apulit Palawan Tour Day 2 - Island Hopping Isla Blanca, Family Rooms and Other Things to Do at Apulit Island Resort

I've written about the many things I wanted to do at Apulit Island Resort given the chance. Alas! I was able to go there and experience it for myself (I got to cross a lot of things on that list!). One thing I've found out is the tranquility that the place provides given its remote location. Some may say that one should try all the activities if you go that far. This time around, we let nature and our moods take its course. For we went there both to explore, to relax and just take in what's in front of us at that particular moment and season in time. Island hopping was on the list, of course (but one is just enough for me), enough personal space and bonding with the family. I spent the rest of the day chillin' under the shade and comforts of the veranda of my water cottage while I await the newest baby of our extended family. I welcomed them and showed them the family room like I own the place hahaha.

apulit-island.jpg

After breakfast (full board meals), we prepared for the arranged island hopping tour we planned with our very own Apulit Resort activity officer (yep, they have that personalized service for all guests!). We just had to meet our guide and boatman  at the docks (no extra fee).

  apulit-island.jpg

We stopped by this place to have our gear sizes checked like the snorkeling and fins (no extra fee).

apulit-island.jpg

They have diving courses available with a fee if you're into that.

apulit-island.jpg

One of the things I like about the way El Nido Resorts runs things is their attention to safety. Each person has his own lifevest to wear on board (no extra fee) and experienced guides slash security slash divers slash very helpful (courteous, knowledgeable and trained) kuyas.

apulit-island.jpg

We arrived at Isla Blanca by boat

apulit-island-hopping.jpg

and were given an hour to go around. There's a mangrove part of the island if you go straight.

apulit-island-hopping.jpg 

  apulit-island-hopping.jpg

We just played around - me on full anti-sun gear as usual.. There's not much shade here.

apulit-island-hopping.jpg

apulit-island-hopping.jpg

apulit-island-hopping.jpg

This side was nice for just sitting in the water.

apulit-island-hopping.jpg

Here are the other island hopping and caving options available (if time and weather permits) for Apulit Island Resort.

apulit-island-hopping.jpg

We went back the resort for late lunch. I heard that only 2 islands were the usual island hopping stops if you go to this resort. The rest is spent eating buffets thrice a day

apulit-island-resort.jpg

and going around Apulit Island itself for activities. ;)

apulit-island-resort.jpg

apulit-island-resort.jpg

I spent a lot of time lounging around my fabulous water cottage hehe.

apulit-island.jpg

apulit-island-resort.jpg

apulit-island.jpg


el-nido-resorts-apulit.jpg

I dry my clothes on the side


apulit-island-resort.jpg

and I just sit on my patio

apulit-island-resort.jpg

looking down the clear water for black-tip sharks and other marine creatures like I've wanted to do in my list.

apulit-island-resort.jpg

At other times, I shift my gaze a little farther and do some boat watching.

apulit-island-resort.jpg

el-nido-apulit.jpg



el-nido-apulit.jpg

el-nido-apulit.jpg

I was actually on the watch for the next arriving party!

el-nido-apulit.jpg

I was to alert the others once they arrive =) On the other side of the deck were the family rooms (walkable from our rooms in around 10 minutes).

apulit-island-resort.jpg

el-nido-resorts-apulit.jpg

It's a duplex style. They set up downstairs for the baby (resort's crib).

el-nido-resorts-apulit.jpg

There's a restroom downstairs, bigger than ours.

el-nido-resorts-apulit.jpg

el-nido-resorts-apulit.jpg

Their veranda was bigger and they can jump right in. It's deeper though I think. Ours was clear and shallow and we can see the fish from our water cottage.

el-nido-resorts-apulit.jpg

el-nido-resorts-apulit.jpg

The bed is upstairs. I don't remember any restroom.

el-nido-resorts-apulit.jpg

All these are on the 2nd floor.

el-nido-resorts-apulit.jpg

el-nido-resorts-apulit.jpg

el-nido-resorts-apulit.jpg

el-nido-resorts-apulit.jpg

So from this area, you have to walk farther to get to the dining area.

el-nido-resorts-apulit.jpg

I get this view from our cottage below when I look to the left. There's a rock-climbing activity to get to that cross below that I did the next day. 

el-nido-resorts-apulit.jpg

The beach area is very near the dining area so the cottages below are also a good choice for me.

el-nido-apulit.jpg

If I had more time, I would just unwind here at sunset.

el-nido-apulit.jpg

el-nido-apulit.jpg

Guests can just borrow one of these if they want to do some water activities (no extra fee).

el-nido-apulit.jpg

el-nido-apulit.jpg

I saw a bayawak though just roaming around so better just steer clear of them. There are lots of animals in the island and you can go on a hike to look for more indigenous plants and animals if you want.

el-nido-apulit.jpg

I was distracted by the infinity pool so I jumped in before dinner hehe.

el-nido-apulit.jpg

At night, there were SO MANY stars that I couldn't help but do some stargazing and take some still shots in my patio =) It's so quiet... This is the charm of Apulit Island Resort in Taytay, Palawan.