Italian Food Festival - The Oakroom Ortigas Italian Buffet Every Saturday at Oakwood Manila!

Ever get that automatic love for something you have just heard about? Yep, that's what happens to me every time I experience something Italian (I haven't been to Italy yet and there must be a good experience in my past that influenced this...)! Add that to a very happy memory during this launch and I ended up being so present to every moment up to the last bite :) I took the opportunity to learn Italian words too because it's included in my language plans after Korean and Spanish hehe. Enjoy Sabato Cena Italiana ("Italian Dinner Saturdays") at Oakroom Ortigas from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. until August 30, 2014!

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

I love Oakroom buffets because it's on a per cuisine or theme basis. I always get overwhelmed when a lot of cuisines around the world are being featured and take a long time to decide what to eat. ;)

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

So many Antipasto! Sorry about the other grainy pics. I realized that the camera settings were off mid-meal.

  oakroom-ortigas.jpg

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

Loved the roasted mushrooms and veggies.

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

One of the few Italian words I know by heart - Caprese (fresh mozarella, tomato, basil)! There's Bruschetta also and Sundried Tomato with Olives in Foccacia Bread.

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

There's a wide assortment of imported meat and cheese in the appetizer section.

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

Formaggio!

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

Fruta!

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

Bread (Pane) with olives

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

Parma lady at the corner =)

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

I love Chef Jerome's (he's French) hand-tozzed pizza in Dela Mare, Rustica and Margherita and went back for seconds! Generous toppings.

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

There's a DIY Pasta and Panini section. You can choose from Pommodoro, Pesto and Panna for the pasta sauces and you can mix in different types of Ravioli.

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

Dolci!

oakroom-ortigas.jpg



Lots of ciocolato!

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

Fan of Tiramisu?

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

That was my first round and below my first plate haha.

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

The buffet comes with free flowing Limonata (lemon + soda water) as well as red and white wine.

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

For soup, there's Minestrone.

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

My round 2 was for the main courses.

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

They have Quattro Formaggi Ravioli and Eggplant Parmigiana.

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

This is Beef Cannelloni.

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

Loved the Gnocchi al Gorgonzola - they had this before for the Pasta e Basta Buffet a couple of years ago =)

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

This is Roasted Grouper with Italian Herbs and Olive Oil.

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

For more seafood, there's also Mussels in White Wine.

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

They call these the Polpettini (meatballs) and Arancini (rice balls).

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

I went back to the antipasto though haha. I wanted to taste everything in those jars!

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

The Focaccia was one of my favs as Oakroom always makes yummy bread. I love that they had different types of Balsalmic vinegar available that aren't in local supermarkets.

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

They also have Infused Olive Oils!

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

Just get lots of parmesan cheese from the pasta section and dip away hihi.

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

And so for my second round, it was like lycopene, cheese and carb oveerload hehe.

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

I was so full with all that sampling so I just took pictures of what my neighbors got hehe. 

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

Below is the panini. You can have these made at the pasta section then sent to your table.

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

Finally for dessert, I couldn't help but try their Italian Donut Fritters, Torta (cake) and Gelato! =D

oakroom-ortigas.jpg

Buffet Details:
P990++
6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Saturdays until August 30, 2014



Restaurant Details:
6th Floor, Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila
17 ADB Avenue, Ortigas Center, Pasig
Open Mondays to Sundays
719-1160 (direct line) / 637-7888 ext. 8604