Cafe Noriter in Manila - Cool Korean Coffee Shop near Taft with the Avida Food Hunt!

I guess this is the time to tell the whole world that I'm bound for Korea again soon :D It really has a special place in my heart and I guess I'm attracted to Korean-themed or inspired or food places, whether I'm in Manila or on a trip even to remote places like Puerto Galera. And so I was ecstatic when the Avida Food Hunt led me to this cool Korean coffee shop in Taft. I'm so happy that they brought the Cafe Noriter franchise and that vibe from Korea to the Philippines.

cafe-noriter-manila.jpg

It's just a short walk from the LRT Vito Cruz Station and La Salle. Since I haven't been able to learn Hangul yet, the term Noriter didn't register as Korean. It turns out that it means "playground" :)

cafe-noriter-manila.jpg

I was so convinced that I would never find a place like this in Manila right now. It reminded me of the Mustoy workshop we visited in Hongdae..

cafe-noriter-manila.jpg

I would surely enjoy this place so much if I was a student and make this my hideout or I would find myself cutting class (shh). Haha.

cafe-noriter-manila.jpg

They sell drinks and cakes.

cafe-noriter-manila.jpg

It would be nicer if there was a view and there were raindrops outside (with or without your special someone) a la Koreanovela effect hehe.

cafe-noriter-manila.jpg

They also have normal tables. Wasn't able to ask of there was WiFi but I feel the author in me would just find pen and paper fine for blogging and planning stuff.

cafe-noriter-manila.jpg

I'm not a coffee drinker myself but just being here for less than an hour was enough with the interiors to brighten my day.

cafe-noriter-manila.jpg

Ah shucks I miss my college friends... they would have loved this place..

cafe-noriter-manila.jpg

They served one of their bestsellers - the Java Chip Frapuccino

cafe-noriter-manila.jpg

and the huge Honey Bread.

cafe-noriter-manila.jpg

Aside from the coffe and dessert fix,

cafe-noriter-manila.jpg

They made some Strawberry shake for me (since I can't have cocoa). I think they added skimmed milk so it had that yohgurt taste.

cafe-noriter-manila.jpg

If I was in the mood to break my no-chocolate streak, I would try this marshmallow cake.. O_O

cafe-noriter-manila.jpg

This place is ideal for students, couples, blind dates and informal meetings

cafe-noriter-manila.jpg

as some seats require removing your shoes plus sitting on the floor.

cafe-noriter-manila.jpg

Someone in the group told me not to miss the CR haha.

cafe-noriter-manila.jpg

While waiting... Hehe.

cafe-noriter-manila.jpg

I'd like to thank Avida Land and Chef JJ Yulo for taking us around to check out restaurants and foodie places near Taft and most especially for bringing me here and giving me this awesome Korean cafe in Manila experience. Come to think of it, I've never really had the time to sit in a real one in Korea yet... Hehe.

cafe-noriter-manila.jpg

Here's a map of the 5 places we went to for the Avida Food Hunt Taft Edition for your reference. Everything's pretty walkable from the LRT and Avida Towers Prime Taft ;) Check out their Facebook page for the next Avida Food Hunt that's open to the public!

cafe-noriter-manila.jpg

Restaurant Details:
2nd Level, Reyes Building,
Taft Avenue corner Estrada Street,
Malate, Manila
516-1430

Cafe Noriter in Manila - Cool Korean Coffee Shop near Taft with the Avida Food Hunt!