96.3 Easy Rock Tour, Latest Easy Rock Songs

When I got sick full-time last week, I couldn't help but make the most out of my staycation (stay-at-home vacation). Apart from doing the things I've wanted to do for a while now while balancing a couple of work duties and taking care of myself, there's just one routine that I just couldn't help but include in my staycation. There's really no set of rules when having a staycation. To each his own and whatever floats your boat. It's just that the DJs got me falling in love again... 

DJ JT, Chloe, Denise and Samantha of DWRK 96.3 Easy Rock
Finally Faces to Your Awesome Voices=)

A lot of staycation time was spent on listening to the radio, to my favorite station of all time - DWRK 96.3 Easy Rock. I can't help but go back to an awesome coincidence that happened a few months ago in Robinsons Galleria. The playlist came to life and I saw local artists perform live on stage. They do it regularly now and announce the locations on the radio. Only a Light Rock fanatic knows. Haha. Here's what happens during an Easy Rock Tour:


People of all ages were glued to their seats from start to finish. The rest like me were on the sides. We found our own spots and made ourselves comfortable standing and listening for around 3 to 4 hours.


I still couldn't believe my luck at the beginning so I wasn't able to take a picture of Tricia Garcia. Her voice was so suave, whole and unique and I ran out of breath for her singing jazz! I loved it when she sang Tabing Ilog and Kulay. The next group All For Patricia played their originals.


Next up was Stephanie Dan with her Firework.


Sabrina's So Sick took me back to the bittersweet days where I learned to appreciate even the saddest of songs. 


I found out that Princess Velasco is known as the Acoustic Princess through her music.


I don't get to see Nyoy Volante perform anymore, maybe because the era of Paolo Santos, Nina, Jimmy Bondoc, Side A, etc. has passed. I wish they would also resurface on tours like these.


The people went gaga when the artists go down the stage and they get some close up time with their idols.


This is also a good opportunity to buy CDs of their favorite artists.


Buying on this day has its perks too. 


A personalized autograph or a picture serves as a great memento of this event. I used to think mall tours were crazy and corny...


Putting a face to the sexy voices of the radio jocks and taking a picture with them (above) was the most exciting part of the day. There's DJ Denise (Lite All Night), DJ Chloe (All Day Easy & Friday Classics), DJ Samantha (All Day Easy & Friday Classics) and DJ Justin Taylor (All Day Easy & Sunday Difference). They were always there for me all day every day.


Recent hits like "Someday", "Price Tag", "Born This Way", "Somebody to Love", "Dynamite", "The Lazy Song" and "Grenade" were played. The genres easily switched from light jazz hit songs to revivals to pop to jamming OPM to acoustics and it was all easy to the ears. I guess that sums up to a light and easy rock experience. What happened on this day is nothing like the frequent concerts we have in Manila nowadays. It's free and the number of songs that were performed was more than 30. It's also a good way to listen to new local talent and to get up close and personal with people, even the DJs. 

I will never get tired of listening to and singing along with Easy Rock. You should try it or tune in some time. If radios are obsolete in your house or you don't live in Manila, listen live online.

96.3 Easy Rock Tour, Latest Easy Rock Songs