#AllIWantforChristmasIsCanon, My Travel Idea for 2013

I'm imagining winning a Canon for Christmas, as an icing on top for winning my trips to Japan and Indonesia this year. Have you heard about the new Canon S110 with WiFi? What a way to share pictures easily with our Travel Tribe on Facebook if I get that one! I'm taking inspiration from my previous post below on the page for this travel idea, only I'm tweaking it a bit, --- that I will be the one to take such gorgeous National Geographic-worthy photos some time in the future 2013, share it to you even before my trip ends and you'll share it around to inspire more people to travel or move hehe.

Picture 1

Inspiration also came from memories of my long lost friend from Beijing, my longing for a DSLR came from him. I had wished for a Canon DSLR for a few years now. He let me borrow his DSLR for a while to take his picture hehe..

Art 0366

Imagine if this was then and we could already share pictures of the beautiful places we've been in real-time with Facebook and our high tech gadgets. I'm sorry I haven't caught up with Instagram and smartphones yet haha. Personally, I think cameras are there to take better pictures. Cameras are made to capture moments in our lives. And moments are supposed to be shared.

Art 0484

As you know, I also just came from a trip carrying a bulky laptop and it suddenly just gave in. I found it very hard to blog, transfer, edit and organize pictures for a few weeks now while I'm waiting for my new Mac. As a result, I'm looking for ways: (1) to improve my photography so no more extra editing, (2) to make it easy to share travel photos at least on FB so no more looking for computers with SD card slots, and (3) to learn to pack light so no more bringing of cables and other gear except a camera or two for my trips. I am hoping to fulfill these and many more for my 2013! I have also seen the Eye-Fi SD Cards (SD cards with built-in WiFi) in the market as well so I might just try those for fun too if I get a classic Canon DSLR =)

What about you? What do you want for Christmas or the New Year 2013? Do you have a travel idea for this 2013, something that is now possible with the current technology/plans/wishlists that will make travel more fun or easier for you? Please feel free to comment below =)

Here's a video of the first fish tornado shot by the way! Enjoy!

Update 2013: Just got a Canon S110!!! Here's my first post using it - a short daytrip at the Ninoy Aquino Parks and Wildlife Center in Quezon City!

25 comments:

  1. Hope lahat ng mga desires mo this year will be realized. Canon DSLR? why not. Looking forward seeing pictures using your Canon S110 :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Veta! Thank you! Same to you hehe. Di pa naman tapos ang 2012 for some last minute winnings and desires diba hehehe. Basta either way, I'm planning to share more pictures during my trips on the FB page for 2013 =)

      Delete
  2. This Christmas I want to receive an underwater camera. The first one I lost. The second was water damaged because I did not close it properly. We have a few ideas for travel including Sagada, Davao, Corregidor all involving water activities and so an underwater camera will be very useful to document our vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a free trip to Japan for Christmas. Haha. For 2013, I'm currently planning out of town trips that involves my favorite sport - Triathlon. Doing sports out of town adds more thrill and memories with every step, pedal, and stroke that I make :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to end this year with a bang and spend the rest of the year with my family and friends by eating out and hanging out with each other. For next year, me and my friends are planning to go to Corregidor for some historical fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. already planned a trip to Taiwan with my sister this January, I have been there 3 times before and i shall be her tour guide

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want a Xperia phone this Christmas, a water resistant one! I wanna go scuba diving and bring along my Xperia phone so i can capture life under the seas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want a new phone for Christmas. My sister and I are planning to travel at least 4 times a year, and we'll start that plan next year. We'd like to first visit Cebu, Davao, Puerto Princesa, and Boracay(any other suggestions). We're planning a local travel first, then save up for an international trip. Really hope to have stamps on my passport..=)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to have a very good camera :) coz I dont have 1 :) I do have plans to travel on 2013, I already bought some of the plane tickets already.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What do you want for Christmas or the New Year 2013? Do you have a travel idea for this 2013, something that is now possible with the current technology/plans/wishlists that will make travel more fun or easier for you?

    What I really want for Christmas and New Year is to celebrate it with my family. We've never been complete since my father went abroad to work.

    For travel idea, I know this might sound impossible before, but you can have a tour to other planet now but it would be really expensive as I've heard. Anyway, for another unique travel idea, that might more cheaper than that one, why not go under the sea like those deep sea divers on TV.

    - Maria Rosella

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want a new phone because my phone is old now... And I want my kids to have an Ipad as a christmas gift for them...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to have the Nikon D800 Digital SLR Camera. I would like to visit Hong Kong Disneyland hopefully next year together with my family and clearly capture every moment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want financial stability in 2013. That's what I want this coming new year

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love to have a new crib and stroller for my baby Caleb who will be born this January 2013. No travel plans yet for 2013 as I know I will be busy with my baby.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want a samsung galaxy note 2.... love to travel to Palawan and explore the beach. Will use underwater camera when i go scuba diving

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want a travel bag for New Year.
    This 2013, I am planning to attend all the festivals in the Philippines.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want Iphone 5... :) I plan to go to Europe next year and I hope matuloy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want a new laptop this 2013 for my sisters in college. I dont want them staying out all night in a computer shop coz its not safe thats why I am starting to save money to buy one :)
    I do have travel plan this year I hope to go on Boracay and out of the country vacation but I need to save money first :P

    - avhie del rosario

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want to have a camer .. i love to travel to Boracay together with my family

    ReplyDelete
  19. for the 2013 i would love to go back to puerto princesa to visit my mom ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. My wish is for my son's wish to come true and that is to ride an airplane and go to Disneyland.My travel plan for 2013 to travel Boracay or Palawan.Just want to explore the beach and have some fun

    ReplyDelete
  21. I want new camera or ipad tablet hehe. We have plans to go to Bohol with my best friend. Honestly speaking, I never ride an airplane before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. i want to have an iphone 5 this christmas to capture moments when we go to singapore this 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  23. i wish this new year to travel to soul korea :) wish too celebrate my birthday there :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you =)